VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VW T4 Caravelle camper for sale:

Hi - we are selling our much loved camper. This has been a great van and has been loads of fun over the last year but we have split up and neither of us can afford to keep it:(

It is based on a '98 LWB longnose/smileyface Caravelle with the following spec:

- 2.5 TDI 102 BHP engine - we did our reasearch and there seem to be some problems with some earlier 2.4 and 1.9 engines everyone says these just go and go

- Manual gearbox and power steering - all seems good

- Factory black paintwork - not that easy to come by - chips and scratches here and there but nothing obvious and looks great shined up

- 16" Audi alloys (including spare) with nearly new Continental Ecocontact tyres all round - Goog VAG wheels and good quality van rated (we heard there can be insurance issues over non van rated tyres??) tyres

- Converted summer 2008 with RVtech full custom kit - all like new

- Factory caravelle windows all round - sliding window in the sliding doors. All rear windows tinted black

- Tailgate and twin side loading doors (one of which now gives handy access to the gas and water from the outside)

- Range Rover front seats - adjustabele height on the drivers

- Electric windows and central locking

- Aircon and Eberspacher central heating

- Two caravelle quick release folding seats (one makes a small table) both using factory mounts and seatbelts - both can be lef in and the bed can still be used. tats can be swapped, slid and rotated in to different positions (really handy) or just taken right out

- Smev glass topped sink with 30 litre water container and tap - opperated by electric pump and leisure battery. Tap drain on water container and sink drained on waste pipe running through floor

- Smev glass topped twin burner hob - 7kg butane bottel fitted beneath

- 14 litre Aquacool fridge freezer running on leiure battery - goes for about 2 days before charging

- Leisure battery on split charge controller

- Rock and roll bed seat - with seatbelt fixing points but no belts fitted yet so presently a four seater but very easily made in to a six seater

- Loads of cupboard and storage space

- Reversing sensors and display - makes parking dead easy. Also powerful LED reversing light

- Sony CD/radio head unit with speakers front and rear - CD player is dodgy, but no worries if you've got an i-trip

- Road Angel GPS and laser speed camera detector

- 288k miles but starts and drive impecably - doesn't use any oil and does 35 mpg - has done the vast mayority of its miles as a long distance taxi taking people between airports when they missed flights so nearly all motorway mileage - look around the T4 forum to see plenty of examples going stong on many more miles

- Last serviced about 6k miles ago - Full service history or recipts - mainly impecable main dealer history but privately changed oil and filters every 6k miles more recently

- Major service a 248k miles - Cambelt/injector belt, all rollers/tensioners/waterpump/crank and cam seals/aux belts at VW main dealer so no big bills to worry about

- Recent brakes

- MOT literally just expired (Has been in the barn and I had for gotten!)

- Taxed til July 2009

- New Tax, MOT and service negotiable

- Best offer arround £5000

I haven't always got internet access so best to call me on 07968 759 660

See http://picasaweb.google.com/sjcdennis/090428Van?authkey=Gv1sRgCPWxl_iI-t6j1AE# for the originals . . .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Simon/Katie,
For some reason my PC won't let me see your pictures (just get little red crosses?)

Could you email me some to [email protected]? Thanks.

And where abouts in Somerset are you ? I'm just outside Bath.

Cheers and good luck

BalT4r

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SORRY - NOW SOLD Re: T4 2.5tdi lwb black caravelle camper

Hi - Sorry,

Thanks for the calls but now SOLD.

Dazboi01 - I like your thinking - but I'm on a budget now so let me know if you know for a cheep transporter and a blow up matress ;)

Cheers,

Si

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
had a couple recently, managed to sell two of them (customers vans obviously) still got one on my radar, ill let you know, did the van go to a forum member?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a forum member at the time - should be soon:). Let me know if you have anything of interest.

Cheers,

Si

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ha ha no bloody way. Thats the van I bought. Back box has just fallen off. A few rust spots but apart from that drives like a dream:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts