VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

The indicator switch on my T4 camper van was playing up then stopped working. First they would work intermittently, then completely stopped along with the hazard warning lights.

I checked fuses and all seemed ok, so I purchased a new indicator switch lever. I have replaced the switch, followed online tutorials but after putting it back together it is still not working.

So now the lever is working for the high beam and parking lights, there is a single click when attempt to indicate left or right then that’s is it.

please help!

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,877 Posts
AFAIK, the actual "flasher" part is built into the hazzard switch...so if that is faulty, would cause your fault.
There's also an option to change that unit from one from a Golf/Passat/etc if you search the forum.
Means you can fit it into one of the spare "switch blanks" on the dash.....and then use the old place for a gauge....voltmeter, etc

BTW, better place for this thread would be in Electrical......that's where you'll find the info on the hazzard switch too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AFAIK, the actual "flasher" part is built into the hazzard switch...so if that is faulty, would cause your fault.
There's also an option to change that unit from one from a Golf/Passat/etc if you search the forum.
Means you can fit it into one of the spare "switch blanks" on the dash.....and then use the old place for a gauge....voltmeter, etc

BTW, better place for this thread would be in Electrical......that's where you'll find the info on the hazzard switch too.
thank you for your message, I was thinking it was something to do with the hazard switch. And thanks for letting me know about the thread, first time posting on here! Nice one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts