VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there chaps
I've been gathering far too much info on T5's, but the costs of kombis are a bit rich for me. Also looked at panel vans to convert, which seems to be a better, or rather cheaper choice. Actually seen a couple advertised from TG Commercials which seem a good price. But then I began looking at T4's. There seems to be a nice one advertised on fleabay at the moment, in Gloucester, and I'm off there this weekend. I've talked the wife into, hopefully, taking a couple of hours off to go and view, hence I wondered what thoughts anybody has.
It's a 2001 kombi, 2.5 tdi tailgate. 62k miles with all history mot's etc. ca belt done about 20k ago, looks and sounds very clean. passenger seat is a swivel single, and rear seats are 2 plus 1. All carpeted and soundproofed. It's up for £9995. Any thoughts?
Also, what are they like to drive compared to the T5. I've never driven the T4. Any help much appreciated.
Cheers everybody.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Can't really help much with the valuation except to say it sounds a bit steep but to answer your query on the driving I sold my T5 to get back to reality and reliability and much prefer the T4

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Can't really help much with the valuation except to say it sounds a bit steep
I think this too. Ten grand for a fourteen year old van? There is a chap with a 2008 van 'covertly' for sale in the t5 chat forum for much less. Rear seats are £500.00 fitted with the correct certification for insurance purposes.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts