VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, van failed mot on a pin prick fuel leak on fuel pump, got an estimate- 拢750+vat not including labour馃槺. Im on furlough, cannot afford that! Can anybody recommend a fix please!!?? South Yorkshire area. Thanks in advance.

Registered
You're looking at probably the pump head seal gone. That's a 拢7 part and maybe an hours' work for someone who knows what they're doing. Looks like they want to charge you for a complete replacement pump.

You'll hear about throttle spindle seals going but this doesn't apply in your case as you have a TDI. Can you get a picture of where the leak is?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, its a 1.9td, apparently the leak is near the throttle cable?- yes the costs were for a full replacement! I have never noticed any leaks so it cant be that bad!?

Registered
Ah, so it's an 800 special then? ;)

Throttle spindle is not hard to do if you're careful pressing the old one out, have lots of rags to mop up diesel and replace the top cover gasket at the same time.

拢16.50 for this part:
Uses the same pump but no VW scene tax.

There are guides on this forum on how to do it. Does my head in how garages can be so lazy that they end up costing the customer hundreds of pounds they don't need to spend. I know time is money but there's a limit you know?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Well, got a lead to try Injection Pumps who sell throttle/spindle & seal repair kits for around 拢50, hopefully bite the bullet and order one but need binoculars to get the pump number lol to ensure its the correct one! Now my go to guy is unable to fit? Any recommendations in South Yorks? Thankyou!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts