VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and unfortunately do not own a T4 but I am interested in the master cylinder fitted to 1996-2003 T4s with ABS. The part number is 7D0 611 019B.

I was hoping to get some help with rough measurements of the master cylinder as I want to fit it to a different car mainly due to the it's 25mm bore. :)

The measurements I'm looking for are:
  • Bolt pattern where the cylinder mounts to the servo. Measure from centre hole to centre hole
  • The diameter of the section which fits inside the servo
  • The length of the section which fits inside the servo
An example of one for sale is: VW T4 Transporter Caravelle 25.4mm Brake Master Cylinder 1996-2003 | eBay

Thanks in advance!
Nic

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,709 Posts
Sorry Duck, don't have one with ABS, but I'm sure it's not too much bigger than a Smart Roadster one! :D
Your best bet would be to go to a scrappies and buy a complete unit....
There's a breakers called CaliCampers that are certain to have what you require. (Online)

Not many people take them apart to do the measurements you want.....they just change the assembly when needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Haha a familiar face! :D
Yeah, the scrappies may be the best bet. Saying that, the measurement between the two servo bolts should be possible without removing the master cylinder.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,709 Posts
Would be happy to do it for you, but as I said, no ABS on my van (which I think is a bonus, as it only makes servicing more difficult..especially on these vans!)
Whereabouts are you?....there maybe a T4 owner (more common than Roadies) somewhere close to you.
Only some of the newer vans came with ABS though....and often the "upmarket" versions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 1998 2.5 TDI but the master cylinder is 7D0611019A which I've just replaced and have the old one next to me. Not worth measuring as they do have different dimensions as I learnt the hard way 😄

1 - 5 of 5 Posts