VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
following on from my introduction thread in the new section I thought it time to update the build.
I work on it as and when I can due to other commitments (life, work, customers vehicles, other projects I’m working on)
so to start with I bought a tidy t4 from a company not far from me, one owner (that company) full service history etc.
I posted the full story in the new section.
a picture of when I got it

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And now some progress pictures.
I stripped out all the interior panels and the bulkhead panel, vw didn’t want that to fall out! Haha it was a pain to remove.
cleaned the floor, there was only a small patch or rust, cut that out and welded in a new plate, then fully epoxy primed it.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She came with the original slippery seat covers, they had to go.
the drivers seat was also worn out on the foam base, so I replaced the foam and all the covers too.
the passenger seat cover was really quite good condition so I presume they didn’t take many passengers. Anyway it was taken off

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I fitted some dash switches too and USB ports
I will also fit a radio and speakers at some point because it didn’t have any.
photos to come for that.
I also replaced the steering wheel because the original had come unstuck from the interior and was worn out too.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your kind words.
yes it’s a Lupo wheel, the original was worn away and come unstuck from the innerrim so I wanted something a little different.
I like the look of the Lupo wheel and it’s colour matched the new seat covers quite well.
it took a little bit of modifying but looks at home there.
thanks again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not too bad actually.
they are a complete set not just over covers.
had to take off the old ones (cut most of them off then where they attach had to un-clip them)
working my way from the top I then attached the new covers, there was clips with the kit, but I actually used very small cable ties as it was a lot easier.
the only fault I have is the bench seat back cover, it stated “transporter t4” but the cover is made for a luxury model with Arm rests I think, because at the back is a hole in the material where it fits around something!
I managed to cut a small piece of the extra material to glue it in and hide it.
I will take a picture for you.
regards Shaun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not too bad actually.
they are a complete set not just over covers.
had to take off the old ones (cut most of them off then where they attach had to un-clip them)
working my way from the top I then attached the new covers, there was clips with the kit, but I actually used very small cable ties as it was a lot easier.
the only fault I have is the bench seat back cover, it stated “transporter t4” but the cover is made for a luxury model with Arm rests I think, because at the back is a hole in the material where it fits around something!
I managed to cut a small piece of the extra material to glue it in and hide it.
I will take a picture for you.
regards Shaun
Cheers. Ours has a matching set with the r&r bed but I think it's just basic front seats with no shape. I'd be keen to upgrade to some more hugging seats and recover

1 - 14 of 14 Posts