Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an "off the shelf" or even a bespoke conversion that has:

4 berths
A fixed WC
Sink, double hob
Small fridge
Seating for 4 to eat
Belted seats for 4

I've seen a few LWB with toilets, even the odd shower. But they have always be 2 berth rather than 4. Expecting to use some "sites" that are really just a field. My caravan and tent experience tells me I will need a pee at 5am... And if there is a toilet block, it won't be near the van!

I can live without showers etc.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Do you really need a fixed WC? We have a portable toilet from go outdoors, works fine in-between the front seats and end of the rock and roll bed. Kids sleep upstairs in the pop-top and we all use the toilet in the night if necessary. Also works great when travelling especially in the middle of nowhere and no toilets around for the ladies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an interesting question.

I may have a child who isn't mine with me. In which case privacy may be a thing.

I have a caravan currently which has a toilet/shower. We use it for watersports. The wet gear hangs in it and can drip on the shower floor... So may be a multipurpose feature

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,196 Posts
Toilet tent next to the van?
Used them for years whilst doing the "Caraven Club" thing where it was a different farmers field each weekend.
I have 2 spoons, awarded for attending at least 50 of the yearly weekend rallies!
(Also did the digging the hole and covering it AFTER all the Porta-Potties had been emptied!)
Less smell in the 'van too :)

Mind boggles at what sort of "Water Sports" you get up to in a caravan :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anything that says 'tent' (aka awning) says - may as well buy an estate car and pitch a tent!

The watersports are performed on water... This is a family friendly forum!

To me the van criteria is:
4 berth (preferably 2+1+1)
2 ring cooker
Fridge
Toilet cubicle
Seating for 4 to eat
Seating for 4 to travel safely
Decent towing capabilities - needs to be able to tow a boat trailer (1300kg probably, but possibly if I can find the right solution 700 unbreaked)

That is basically 'it'.

The T4 as a base would be ideal. It seems robust, powerful enough. But I've not found a 4 berth with toilet cupboard version. Not afraid to modify but not quite sure what can actually fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a VW California Exclusive (Volswagen Westfalia conversion sold direct by Volkswagen) that does all the things you are looking for, and it is a high top, so you can stand up in it at all times. It is a T4. It also has cruise control, heated seat, firdge or freezer, wardrobe. The T4 California's only come as LHD. I am considering selling it, so contact me if you wish to know more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts