VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered a million times before but i am new to the forum. I have just got myself a T4 thanks to T4 tom on here and just wondered what the score is with camping in converted vans on campsites, do they tend to allow it or do you have to run the guise of camping in a tent next to the van. Just wondered as i have seen campsites saying that they dont allow ordinary panel vans on site.

Any comments are appreciated.

Cheers
Davroski

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Hello matey... Welcome on board!

If you got Tom's old van, that is one of the tidiest standard p-platers around T:T:

Generally they are ok alongs you dont have sign writing... I have stayed in many different ones, most are ok, always just worth asking when you book T:

·
Registered
46 Posts
some need prior notice before you turn up so if you book ahead just let them know and if you just turn up hope for the best

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Book early on most sites now there is reported an extra 3,000,000 caravan and tenting hollidays being taken this year in the UK due to people not going away abroard
caravan sales have gone through the roof
Old claped out caravans that would not normally have sold are fetching good money

Just goes to show how carefull people are being with their hard earned

But Go get your self a drive away awning
JK do them for about 200 pounds and they are worth their weight in gold
Look

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/typ...-with-front-porch-j14331-j14331/category/292/

Just put it up a couple of times before you get on site so you do not look like a plonker trying to erect it for the first time

I have been on sites with this set up and a crarvelle no problems

Andy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys ( and also the kind words about the van T:)

Just out of interest when you book your van onto a campsite do you tell them its a camper or come completely clean??

Cheers

Davroski

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I book mine on (if I book, which is very rarely) as a camper as it is a full on camper. Only once have I ever had to prove that it was a camper, and their attittude stank, I'll never go back there!

·
Registered
2007 T5 2.5TDi Kombi 130bhp in Shadow Blue
1,706 Posts
Hello mate,

Hope all is well with the van.

I went round Europe in it last year (as I think you know) and was nervous turning up to each campsite not having any windows etc. and being a white van. We visited 7 different sites and not one problem T: Didn't prebook or anything just turned up, pointed at the van and got charged between 10 and 18euros

The UK could be different, but the wheels, lowering and tailgate all help i reckon.

Will pm you back in a min re locking nuts T:

Cheers

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts