VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

T4 Caravelle 2002 (52) 2.5TDi, 85k

5K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  1Caravelle 
#1 · (Edited)
For sale:
***SOLD***
2002 (52) Volkswagen T4 Caravelle 2.5Tdi 88bhp version
85,500 miles, one previous owner for 84,972 of those (Scottish Ambulance Service)
White in colour, short wheelbase, single sliding door on left side.
'Basic' Caravelle spec - without aircon, electric windows, mirrors.
Now re-registered with DVLA as an 8-seater diesel car.
MOT Oct 2014, tax end Oct 2013.

This is an original vehicle – it has NOT been lowered, souped up, “converted” or otherwise mechanically modified from the way it was built. It even still has the original VW tape deck fitted (works perfectly well). It's a late model T4 in great shape, with verifiable low mileage (8 previous MOT certs provided) and priced to sell to anyone looking for an ideal ‘blank canvas’.

Bought one year ago from the Scottish Ambulance Service, who’d registered it as an ambulance and had taken the rear seats out to use it as a pool vehicle for deliveries, patient transfers etc. At the time it was a non-runner due to snapped cambelt, so £1652 was spent on a full professional top-end rebuild – including cambelt, waterpump, all valves, camshaft, filters etc. I also had the windscreen re-sealed and put brand new VW wheeltrims on it. Receipts available.

No service history available - Scottish Ambulance have their own fleet maintenance department, but unfortunately also have a strict and infuriating policy of not giving out service information when selling any of their vehicles, I have made many, MANY phone calls with no success whatsoever.

As seen from the photos the exterior is in pretty good shape, save the usual small blemishes around wheel arches. Same goes for the interior; mostly very good but with the odd bit of wear and tear (e.g. scratches to plastic trim here and there, hole drilled in dash where radio must have been fitted, worn driver’s seat due to rough overalls he must have worn etc). Rear seats were missing when I bought the Caravelle, so I bought good used ones and fitted them – please note that the single seat in the middle row is from a Caravelle with right-hand sliding door and therefore is supplied but not fitted, as the base doesn’t line up with the floor bolts.

It’s the ideal age/spec/background to convert to a camper, which is what I had intended to do with it. However due to other commitments I never got round to that, and since I already have another T4 my better half is putting me under severe pressure to sell this one. It has therefore done fewer than 1000 miles in the last year – all I’ve really done is take it out every week for a short spin to keep it moving.

Really gutted to have to sell this. There must be 15 years at least left in this bus.

£4950.
Located in Ayrshire. Please PM or call 07866977708.

See less See more
#11 ·
Bargain indeed! I sold a top spec Velle with 230k on it for £4500 with a dubious history so you should get this money with no problems, i wish i had the money to buy it :-(

I see there is 2 switches on the dash board, would one of them be air con by any chance?

#13 ·
One of the switches is to recirculate the air, the other one activates or isolates the separate heater/blower system for the rear seats. Unfortunately no AC.

Hopefully it'll go soon. It's exactly the kind of van I was looking for myself a few years ago - solid and unmodified with low mileage.

Cheers...

#23 ·
I know... I was hoping to avoid having to go down that route but I can see it coming.
I don't think I'll be reducing the price again, but if it's still sitting in the driveway in a week or so I'll set up some other ads elsewhere and see if I can shift it. Tried Gumtree already.

Shame though, it's going to be a lovely van for someone. I thought someone from the forum would have jumped at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.