VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Bit of advice if possible. My 96 t4 caravelle has just come back from service with advisory point " Suspension very low, rear air assistors pipes split and air bags in poor condition.

the current springs are a (60mm drop). Is it worth removing all this and replacing with new springs, say 50mm drop so its not to low.

Ride is a bit bumpy at the mo, for the kids in back. Any advice on what to buy would be appreciated. (not sure where to start.)

PS ALSO WHAT IS THE BLACK REMOVABLE COVER/COMPARTMENT UNDER THE MIDDLE 2 seater IN THE CENTRE OF VAN????

This is baffling me???

Many thanks for any feedback.

Plum
:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
You've answered your own question.
Bin the air and fit some quality springs.
I have Eibach on mine but each to their own and I'm sure you will get other suggestions.
As far as the box in the rear is concerned, I think it's an outlet for warm air. Maybe wrong as not got a Velle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for all your input, gonna get the airbags removed and get some decent springs! Were currently on a 60mm drop, to low for 3 kids, and 5 bikes! Is there any suggestions on best drop; maybe 40mm or 50mm! Just want a smoother ride, and what do I buy and where from? Would rather spend on something decent!
Thanks for the help so far!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Are you using our helper springs? If you are then we have all the spares in stock. Although they don't like being used on 60mm drops without some form of modification.

We're working on a new rear only air suspension kit at the moment which would be a coil spring replacement setup but not as expensive as a full on air suspension kit so best of both worlds really, although I'll admit a set of decent springs would work out cheaper. Worth mentioning we can supply Eibach springs, not much drop but there's not much better for ride quality and handling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts