*New 12 months MOT
*Full Caravelle Spec - Long nose, AC etc
*2.5TDi (ACV) Engine with 149,000 miles
*Full electric kit including Aircon/heating front and rear
*Auto Gearbox replaced 20k miles ago
*Eibach Pro lowering kit with brand new shock absorbers
*Recent respray - immaculate paintwork
*Camper conversion - plylined floor, RnR bed, leisure battery

Original VW Caravelle with 2.5TDi engine and new automatic gearbox, in immaculate condition. It's been partially converted and works really well as a camper as well as part time van and family car. It would also be a great base for a full conversion if you wanted.

This is the original factory colour, in Friesian Green I've only seen a couple of vans this type of green and of those it is even rarer to find a Caravelle with full colour coded bumpers. There used to be a couple of scratches and the fuel flap was getting a bit of rust so I have just spent £700 on a partial respray to tidy everything up. The paintwork is now immaculate, the pictures really don't do it justice. There are no rust patches anywhere.

The van has been converted from an original Caravelle - it therefore has the (much better looking) long nose, colour coded bumpers, air conditioning, rear heaters/cooling, and extra 12V sockets. When I bought it there were the standard two rows of seats in the rear. These seats were removed, the floor was insulated and plylined, and an Altro vinyl floor was fitted. The front seats were replaced with captain seats and a full width rock and roll bed is fitted in the back. Seats/bed have matching custom upholstery in black with green trim. A leisure battery with split charger is under the driver seat. The passenger seat has a swivel base so can be turned 180 degrees to face the rear. I've also fitted cruise control, bluetooth stereo and Jabra hands free system.

The bed is a full size Cannons Forge rock and roll bed. It is bolted into the original floor bolt points and as its a Caravelle, it uses the original rear seat belts. You can therefore safely transport two kids in the back of this without worrying!

The automatic gearbox was was replaced with a fully reconditioned one at 125k miles (20k miles ago) so should be good for another 80k miles - it runs perfectly with seamless shifts and no slipping gears.

The engine is the 2.5TDi ACV variant with 102bhp so the best engine you can get on a T4. Current mileage is 149k and I'd say at least half of these are motorway miles - its always been a people carrier or camper rather than a panel van, so it hasn't been ragged about and there is still a lot of life left! Timing belt and water pump were replaced in 2012 at 105k miles. So its got a bit of life left but you'll want to look at this in a year or two.

I put Eibach pro lowering springs on a couple of years ago - these are not the 'slammed' ones, its a subtle effect but improves the ride and the van does sit a lot nicer now. I've also just replaced the rear shock absorbers so ride is great now with no rattles.

The Fiamma bike rack and Waeco Tropicool fridge are not part of the sale but can be included if you want to make me an offer.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Re: T4 Caravelle SWB 2.5TDi - New autobox 12m MOT £6950

Nice looking Van....I would look to getting the belts done though as 5 years since last change [4years recommended by VW] and may put some off

...good luck with sale T:

·
Banned
10,255 Posts

Not in Yorkshire it isn’t lol. £350-£400. If I sold it on eBay I wouldn’t bother but through forum I’d want to make sure everything is perfect
Wow that's cheap, just make sure for that price they actually know what they're doing T:

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts

Off topic (sorry).....Lachlan, your Avatars are getting more and more strange....but at least this last one looks quite like you LOL:LOL:

·
Banned
10,255 Posts

Off topic (sorry).....Lachlan, your Avatars are getting more and more strange....but at least this last one looks quite like you LOL:LOL:

LOL: it's amazing what one can do with photoshop. You must agree I've made myself look even more handsome ?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Got an offer to make on the van as need to shift it asap - already bought my new one and I'm hemorrhaging cash!

OPTION A - I'll sell the van as it is for £6200 which is a £750 discount.

OPTION B - If you pay the full £6950 then I'll do a few bits on the van to bring it up to perfect condition. I'll replace cambelt/waterpump (value £350-£600 depending on where you go LOL:) and while it's open I'll also get the small oil drip sorted (its been like that since I bought it and isn't a concern, just annoying). Call that an extra £100. A decent service costs £150. So that's up to £850 worth of work done.

Can't say fairer than that, this is a great van and with the additional money spent on paintwork and gearbox recently I know you'll be very happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts