VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling a 1995 VW T4 Caravelle, White, SWB, 2.4D with 151K on the clock

Bought privately off the previous owner, who replaced the timing belt and put it through MOT - beginning of May this year. When he bought it @ 137K He had the whole engine rebuilt. That was 4 years ago and he used it to travel to Europe for holidays and as a second vehicle. Has only done 14K since

When I collected it and drove home, I felt the gears were hard to engage, so dropped it straight round to the garage. Initially thought it was selector issues, but turned out to be box itself so after a long time looking - a replacement was found out of a van that had only done 90K. So it's had the gearbox replaced and gearbox new oil, is perfect now. A set of s/hand alloys were also sourced for it

Has also been fitted with a swivel on the passanger seat base, along with a 12v inverter fitted under the drivers seat. Also has a aftermarket CD player with aux in for Mp3 players. The two front single seats have been retrimmed in the Inca fabric and are as new. Still has the standard 2+1 and triple rear Caravelle seats fitted. The rest is usual Caravelle spec, tailgate, windows all round, middle sliders, rear blower, central locking, etc, etc. As you'll see in the pics, the body is arrow straight, handful of dings and the only downside being the cosmetic rust on all 4 arches - was quoted £180 to sort this

Couple of things that I've not got round to sorting yet are the rear seats need a valet, carpet also, needs a exhaust mount replacing near the front somewhere and the heater blower has just stopped - fuse or resistor I'm guessing?

Other than that, it drives great, no rattles, shakes, squeeks and is a nice vehicle to use as is. or a great base for a camper conversion. Why start with a grotty ex builders van;)

Has to be cheap @ £1,995 in standard trim or £,2250 as you see it with the swivel base, 12v inverter & alloys fitted

40 pictures of it here: http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l603/T4-Mike/Caravelle/

Located in Belfast, can easily stick it on the ferry to Scotland if you are interested and are from the mainland?

Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Good luck with this Mike-S. If it's a dateless Norn Iron registration it might appeal even more to an across the water enthusiast. Let them know the gist of it. I have a 1995 2.4D with the no. GAZ ****.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point mate, thanks for that and it does indeed have a dateless 3 x letter, 4 x number reg...It's GFZ **** and I'll include it free;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts