VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've think I've finally confirmed that the reason my speedo is not working on my 92 T4 (petrol) is that the pinion/skew gear for the speedometer drive has failed. I've got a new one, but having spent all afternoon lying on my back using feel to try and figure out how to get to it, I've given up for the day. I’ve looked around the forum and on the internet generally... is anybody able to point me in the direction of a “how to...” or offer any advice?

Many thanks
Tony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

its hidden behind and down below the engine... I couldn't get my hand down... I'm begining to think the only way is from below, but with the van on a lift, then you could (hopefully) get a look at what you are trying to do

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I've think I've finally confirmed that the reason my speedo is not working on my 92 T4 (petrol) is that the pinion/skew gear for the speedometer drive has failed. I've got a new one, but having spent all afternoon lying on my back using feel to try and figure out how to get to it, I've given up for the day. I’ve looked around the forum and on the internet generally... is anybody able to point me in the direction of a “how to...” or offer any advice?

Many thanks
Tony
Did you replace it in the end can't find any information on it let me know thanks graz

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,135 Posts
Would hope so after nearly 8 years!
Spitfire hasn't been seen on the forum since 2016 (Info by clicking username.....)

Unless someone else comes along, afraid you're on your own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Spitfire hasn't been seen on the forum since 2016 (Info by clicking username.....)

Does anyone know if the gear box has to be taken out to replace the Speedo pinion drive? Would appreciate any help Graz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts