VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd let everyone know of this scam.
Last week a guy calling himself Chris listed a T4 888 Special X on eBay looking for £3500 for it with 1 owner and 78000 miles with FSH. I checked the van out on Data Check which showed it as stolen so didn't proceed with a transfer of deposit. I have since spoke with two others who have transferred monies to the same guy on the same van. The guy advertising the van then disappears and his bank account is emptied and closed. His listings give Cumbria as his location and he has a north east accent. He is very plausible!
If anyone else has had contact or been conned with this scam pm me, I can put you in contact with the other scam victims to try and evidence to the Ploice its a larger freud effecting more than one person.

The old saying stands....if it looks too good to be true it probably is too good to be true!

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
The old sayings, view before you buy and do the vehicle checks beforehand, helps too.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Probably a coincidence but there is a member on here from cumbria who has recently ripped myself and another member off for t4 parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts