VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting prices 2gether for my conversion,im gonna pay someone to do it for me,as i start things and never finish!
Ive noticed a great difference in quotes,between 4-8k.
Im going down next month to shropshire look deeper into things
Can anyone recommend a good conversion in the north wales ish area!
My mate got his done in waymouth and it was brill,but too far for me!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is it not part of the joy of ownership of these, in the work one puts into customising/converting to your own taste and style.. the satisfaction and pride in what you have produced when starting with a basic van and ending up, maybe months later, with something of beauty that is all your own work and something lots of others will envy.. you will toil until late into evening, you will cuss and swear at times.. your family will wonder where you are for hours.. nay - days at a time.. maybe you will make mistakes - but you will also learn.. and you will come to love and cherish your T4 for the work of art it is - or will become.. Don't let a stranger do it his way.. take the challenge.. take the time.. enjoy it along the way.. for you will surely enjoy it at the end.. ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
oop's.. just noticed date of post.. u probly finished by now! I::

·
Registered
153 Posts
It was posted last Thursday, if the whole conversion has been done in 4 days, that has to be one of the fastest builds ever T:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Maybe Jalan's post was suitably inspirational!

I have to say, reading about people's trials and tribulations on here, then going to a meet and seeing what people have done themselves made me think I have to have a crack at doing it myself. It might be that I only do the lining, and bolt the seats in, but as Jalan says, seems a bit wrong to just give it to someone now. Otherwise I might as well have bought an already converted van...

oh yeah thats right I would have done if I could have afforded it LOL:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha,havnt started yet!
i wolud love to do it myself,but i work 6 days a week,i gritt sometimes(only when its cold!)
im going monday to view some conversions,but i may still do it my self if i would save a lot,and i mean a lot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts