VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know why system loses all water .comes out underneath left hand side back of engine tray

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi I had this on mine if you take the engine tray off at the front of the engine there is a pipe that comes of the water pump and goes to a metal pipe that goes towards the passenger side its about 9 inches long with two jubilee clips on it mine split and was jetting water out and running down the back of the engine tray .You can get them from vw and are about £6 hope this helps ,Mine is a T4 1.9 1995

Regards Adam

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a water leak, turned out to be leaky heater matrix. Definitely get stuck in and trace the leak back to the source before making any assumptions, you might be able to patch whatever is leaking up temporarily to keep you on the road whilst you get a spare!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi don't know if you got to the bottom of this problem yet, but my 2.4 had the same/similar problem and I have now replaced almost the entire cooling system before discovering this little blighter

Wish I'd looked at it first, This has a plastic sleeve which sits in the side of the head just below the expansion bottle and of course breaks off when old and leaks so your system never pressurizes properly and leaks, worth a look (cost me £3 from veedubmachine)
Good Luck.

Mine is the T4 2.4 1995.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi don't know if you got to the bottom of this problem yet, but my 2.4 had the same/similar problem and I have now replaced almost the entire cooling system before discovering this little blighter

Wish I'd looked at it first, This has a plastic sleeve which sits in the side of the head just below the expansion bottle and of course breaks off when old and leaks so your system never pressurizes properly and leaks, worth a look (cost me £3 from veedubmachine)
Good Luck.

Mine is the T4 2.4 1995.
Also I stole this pic from somewhere, mine is slightly different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts