VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Apologises, I am new on here!
I have bought some T4 Crome SWB crome roof rail bars to fit to my T4.
They came with no instructions, just fittings!!!
Has anyone fitted these bars and, if so, can you help?
The fittings appear to have 4 large bolts, with what looks like 4 metal raw style plug/screws along with strong adhesive black pads.
SOS.
Cheers
Jane

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I have looked everywhere for pictures, you tube and tried to find instructions but nothing!:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

These are the exact model. The bars are currently sat in my van so will run down and take a photo of the fixtures:)

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
Same as mine.
I had to remove the roof lining and drill the holes in a suitable place.
I did it where the roof strengthening is, and used big washers on the inside.
Mine's fitted in the gutters, and after 8 years have had no problems with them.

I got one of the 1st sets they made, didn't have the extra "foot" in the middle (which they added after I asked about that!).
Had a big roof box on, with at least 100kg inside it, with no problems...even at 100mph+ in Germany!
I just make sure I mount it as close to the bends as possible, and equal distance front/back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for this info.
Great help... Wish me luck as tomorrow is 'D' as I will attempting to for them!!!!

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
I'd take some pics for you, but "seasonal" Norwegian weather decided we really needed an extra 6" of snow last night?!?!?!?!?!?.....my black van is now white, and looks like it has a high top...LOL
If you look where the raised parts of the roof are, that is where the extra re-enforcement is for the roof.
Double thickness of metal to mount to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts