VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok seen a couple of posts on removing the dashboard for painting, so removed all the radio glovebox other bits etc and here hopefully are pictures off alll the screws you need to remove.

And that is it a days work, not as daunting as it looks I:

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Just looking at the last pic it looks tricky to put it all back
Good post I shall attempt that this summer I think

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Excellent job, fantastic reference. The amazing thing is how the hell do they manage to rattle when screwed down so well..:D

·
Registered
839 Posts
Gonna need this soon, so you are a star for going to the trouble of putting this up well done!! :ILU:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad it is off help to some off you, putting it back in is actually a lot quicker than taking it out, don't be put off by the last picture. Bit off a tight squeeze with the steering wheel left in position (it has an airbag so I didn't want to mess with it) but I would recommend removing the steering wheel if you don't have an airbag. T:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread... How did you get on with removal of the cold start pull lever? Did one at the scrap yard and ended up cutting the cable.

Don't want to do that on my own van!!!

PIERS

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Piers,

Mine was the 2.5tdi version and where I think the cold start lever is on it (right hand side of dash) there was just a blank. :confused:

However from my workshop manual "remove the clip a the rear of the handle, twist the handle off the operating cable and remove the nut" Hope this helps. T:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, lot easier than it looks... To refit the dash, an extra pair of hands is a must. It's a bit of a twist and turn to get it back in place, even without the steering wheel in place and plenty of places to ruin your new paintjob.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As far as I can remember the vents, flat panel etc are a push/slot in type of arrange so a small flat bladed screwdriver required to prise them out/off.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I realise that this is nearly 12 months old but I thinking about this doing this today, this guide will prove very helpful when I get time to do it. (Hopefully soon). T:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts