VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I did this a cpouple of weeks ago. That cold start clip is weird. its more like a rounded capital E. once thats out the handle unscrews.
Used bog standard halfords matt black and its really cleaned up the look! 2 cans did the dash and the door cards.
worthwhile making a list of jobs you want/need doing before as there are quite a few accesible work areas when the dash is out. I swapped my aerial and soldered my fuel/temp gauges while everything was out.

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
disconnect the battery and the air bag wont go off. however if you were really safety concious, then follow the wiring back from the steering and the airbag circuit are made up of 3mm yellow cables with detachable connector blocks. Bear in mind that it only takes a 9volt battery to set one of these off, please be very careful when removing the dash, having tools between the airbag and you if one was to go off could be catastrophic.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good evening Bobbster,

Sorry to re light this thread but someone else had posted the link stating it was the muts nuts in showing dash removal.

If you or anyone else on this thread can help I'd be extremely grateful.

I've got a problem with my windscreen heater blowers. I think the wire has come off the directional flaps which open and close it allowing air upwards.

A very nasty frost hit my van this am and I was unaware of the problem till I left for work at 3.30! Needless to say I was late and the drive very dangerous itself due to a non clearing screen!

Please help, how do I get to the linkage which operates the flap?

Matt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having taken the whole dash out.

Can the heater matrix be taken out without removing the whole dash board? If so how do you remove the heater motor to get into the heater matrix please? One post says you can remove the heater matrix without the whole dash but no detail. VW T4 1994 2.4 5 cylinder normally aspirated engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: T4 1994 2.4 Caravelle diesel. heater matrix replacement!

I need to get the heater matrix out but stuck at one fixing on the hottom right as viewed from the cab, any ideas please.

Looks as though its under some insulation under the bonnet out of reach hehind the inlet manifold. Cant immagine that is right.

HELP THE HEATER MATRIX HAS BUST, NEED TO FIT A NEW ONE.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Like the others say this will be a great help over the weekend :) Just a quick question though, I was going to remove the dash to a) paint it and b) stick some sound dampening behind it. But from the last photo I can't see much places to stick some sound dampening. Is this worth doing for the addition of sound proffing engine noise?

I'm also wanting to add a new arial and a few other jobs like running wires for a leisure battery split charge, new horn and flood lights. are these things best done with the dash out or are the holes through the fire wall accessible with the dash still in. In other words am I best running all my wires through when my dash is out even if I can't afford the bits at the end of the wires yet?

Cheers
Scott.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've just bought a load of tins of plastikote to spray my dashboard and door cards. This guide on how to remove the dashboard sounds very detailed, the only problem is every photo is now blacked out with just an image showing "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting"

Does anyone know of any other other tutorials where the images are showing or how I can get the image to show on this post?

Although removing the door cards seems easy enough, removing the dashboard seems a very daunting task without a step by step guide as I'm not very technically minded

Thanks very much for your help

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just bought a load of tins of plastikote to spray my dashboard and door cards. This guide on how to remove the dashboard sounds very detailed, the only problem is every photo is now blacked out with just an image showing "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting"

Does anyone know of any other other tutorials where the images are showing or how I can get the image to show on this post?

Although removing the door cards seems easy enough, removing the dashboard seems a very daunting task without a step by step guide as I'm not very technically minded

Thanks very much for your help
Following - Im also doing the same and cant seem to find another post like this.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts