VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1998 caravelle everything was working fine until a few days ago, i turned the key and the glow light didnt come on the engine turned over fine but wouldnt fire. I kept taking the key out and putting it back in i tried this for a few minutes then the light came on and went out and she started no probs. Everything was fine drove ok was driving down the road and the engine just cut out, tried starting again same problem no glow plug light spent the next few minutes taking the key out putting it back in then the light came on and went of and she started fine. Drove it home no probs. Has anybody got any ideas or have had the same problem!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
went out in it this morning stopped at the leisure center started again no problem, went to tescos jumped back in went to start it no light!! do the usual key in and out after about a min the light came on and again started no probs!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looked online and sounds like a relay problem either the glow plug relay (like you say) or the power relay(109) seems like a few people have had problems with the 109 relay!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts