VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me if the rear door on a T4 is longer after 1991.

The reason for asking is that I've brought a T4 bike rack from ebay and it seems about 4" to short.
Had a look at the fiamma web site and the T4 bike racks are for 1991 onwards.

If this is right looks like I'm going to have to by items below for it to fit. I'm still waiting for a response from Fiamma tech support.

http://www.fiammastore.com/Spares_Search/Carry_Bike_VW_T4_and_VW_T4D

1 x 98656-397
2 x 98656-397

I'ts going onto a 2001 Caravelle

Cheers

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi,
Have you got a tailgate or 2-rear doors?
The rack for the tailgate is 150cm from the top of the black hook clamp (at the top of the rack) to the bottom of the frame, the rack for the 2-door van is 137cm
Regards,
Graham

·
Registered
95 Posts
You've got the T4D rack, if it's new it'll say on the sticker on the side of the box.
You could try ordering the three parts but both racks are pretty different, you definately have to drill new holes and I couldn't guarantee the new parts would fit the the existing rack.
If you send me your email I can send you a couple of images of both racks but the 3-parts will cost you nearly as much as a new rack. I recently ordered part 98656-397 for a T3 and it cost me £35.00, you'll then need 2 x 98656-084. I'll price them all for you if you want.
You're probably best taking this one on the chin though.
A new T4 tailgate rack is £170.00 plus £4.99 postage.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Palmer

Fiamma have just got back to me. The parts will take 12 - 14 weeks and have highlighted this wouldn't be cost effective.
Looks like a new rack then :(

£170 +£4.99 p&p where from

AHHHHHHHHH

Any body wan't to buy a bike rack for there T4 with double doors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts