VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Valve Lifter
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new insurer have granted me a discount on the basis that I have subscribed to the T4 Forum.

They have now asked me for proof of this, but I cannot find a Forum 'page' that shows that I have both subscribed and includes my personal details such as my full name or address.

Please advise

Cheers
Jim
1998 T4 2.4D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Subscription as in paid up member ? If so you should probably have some sort of receipt from t4 website owners??

Or just t4 forum user/member?? Talk about your insurance company the bloke you dealt with say ‘bob’ or whatever their name was, screen shot it and email them the pic?.

Good luck and hope discount is worth it T:

·
Valve Lifter
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - proof of being a paid-up Member of the T4 Forum.

I cannot find any receipt - the only thing I can think of is a copy of my bank statement, which I will reluctantly have to use if I cannot find anything else.

I naively thought that this might be easy to achieve by simply providing a suitable link to the Forum somewhere?

Jim
T4 1998 2.4D

·
Valve Lifter
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: T4 Forum Membership Subscription Paid - Proof Needed

Thanks Gaz - that link is all I could find as well, but of course it doesn't show my full name or address.

I had hoped that a Moderator would pick up on this query and advise if such proof exists, but not so far!

I can leave it a little while longer ............

Jim
T4 1998 2.4D

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,981 Posts
AFAIK, the forum never asks for your full name and address.....
Just username, password and an email addy.

·
Super Moderator
9,034 Posts
Re: T4 Forum Membership Subscription Paid - Proof Needed

Thanks Gaz - that link is all I could find as well, but of course it doesn't show my full name or address.

I had hoped that a Moderator would pick up on this query and advise if such proof exists, but not so far!

I can leave it a little while longer ............

Jim
T4 1998 2.4D
How did you pay for the membership? If you need proof then look at the top of the page and next to the logout button you will see your username underlined. Click on this and then look under the avatar you will find a tab (about me) Click on this and it will come up with all the details you have entered...do a screen shot and send that. Your also showing the T4 forum membership logo.

·
Beardy Bus Driver
1,416 Posts
Is the insurer a member on this forum? If you sent them a PM and they see your paid member badge at the top.

That should be proof enough I hope.

·
Valve Lifter
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the clarification, and critically Gaz is right on the button I think; in that when signing up we do not provide our formal name and postal address - so that's why I cannot find them on the Forum! A Homer Simpson moment.........

The Insurers are 2Gether - and they have been great to deal with incidently, finding me 180 days per year full policy extension cover for France, which together with 180 days per year breakdown cover via the Nationwide Building Society, means that I'm now sorted.

I'll send them a screen shot of my limited Forum details as suggested, and take it from there.

cheers

Jim
T4 1998 2.4D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts