VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all hows it goin

so had my t4 with a 2L aac petrol in for a little while now, as well as a 2E GTI lump out of a vento,

the plan is to put the 2e in the van, its just meant to be really. T:

now looking at it, it seems to be a fairly straight swap......asthe engines lean different ways i will need to change engine mounts and oil pick up pipe as well as a few anciallries.

however my question to you lot is....as i havent got an ecu for the 2E, how do i go about controlling the igniton, i guess the aac ecu will run the 2e lump but not to its full potential, will a 2e chip suffice??? or will i need a 2e ecu :confused:

any one had any experience with this, or any other advice?

many thanks, watch this...

·
Registered
648 Posts
I don't think a 2e chip will do on its own as the 2e engines use different sensors to the aac in the T4 (air mass sensor rather than manifold pressure sensor and lambda sensor from an earlier date). If you have the ancillaries from the Vento, fitting these is probably easiest option to get full potential, otherwise you'll be looking at a custom chip/ECU to get the best out of it.

Good luck and let us know how you get onT:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think a 2e chip will do on its own as the 2e engines use different sensors to the aac in the T4 (air mass sensor rather than manifold pressure sensor and lambda sensor from an earlier date). If you have the ancillaries from the Vento, fitting these is probably easiest option to get full potential, otherwise you'll be looking at a custom chip/ECU to get the best out of it.

Good luck and let us know how you get onT:

hi there thanks for the reply,

the van as an air mass sensor but the 2e lump doesnt have an inlet manifold sensor, so i figured the car would have and an air mass sensor, not so sure on the lamda probe though...

eventually i want to put a mk4 gti x-flow head on the top with carbs and do away with electrics....just to be different T:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts