VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to thank Jay (Autosparks) and his team (top team) for the new and improved wiring loom for my DRL Audi style lights, which:

1. Turns the LED DRL on when ignition is on. No need to turn the lights switch to the side light position.

2. When vehicles switch is fully on, I now have both bulbs on on when full beam is selected and obviously just the dipped lamp when dip is selected.

I am sure the loom will be avaliable very soon from Autosparks along with compactible bulbs.

And thanks for tidying up my wrong wiring on my horn. And it was so tempting to say, 'yes I'll have that, and that, and that. Yep just whack it on the plastic!' lol I restrained myself, for now!

Pics to follow ...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics as promised ...

1. LED DRL on when ignition is on. No need to turn any vehicle light switches on:

2. Side light switched on and LED DRL also staying on as sidelights:

3. Light switch fully on and dipped lights selected:

4. Light switch fully on and main bean selected. Both main bulbs working:

5. The relay system that has been designed to cater for the system. Please disregard the right hand relay and the blue fuse which is part of my air horn and nothing to do with the lighting loom:

6. The loom passing from the RHS of the vehicle behind the radiator grill to the LHS to connect the left light:

Now just waiting for the H7 bulb to replace the existing dipped light bulb.

I am sure that Jay can elaborate on the loom.

I am a happy chappie.

:D

:ILU:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Will the H7 bulb not melt the plastics on these, i thought the dip light were special lights do they contain normal bulbs, i thought they were them wierd ones like on bmws that cost a fortune to change
Alan

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some use a H1 and a H7 so double check
Thanks Martin T:,

Ttbh I have no idea what kind of bulb it is although I have been told it is a H7, which ties with what you've just said. Maybe racman has a H1 version :dunno:.

I will check to see what type I have .

Thanks though to all for pointing out. I probably have gone and bought a H4 not realising I:.

:ILU:

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Most do use H1 but I have seen some with H1 in one light and H7 in the other.

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
I would like to thank Jay (Autosparks) and his team (top team) for the new and improved wiring loom for my DRL Audi style lights, which:

1. Turns the LED DRL on when ignition is on. No need to turn the lights switch to the side light position.

2. When vehicles switch is fully on, I now have both bulbs on on when full beam is selected and obviously just the dipped lamp when dip is selected.

I am sure the loom will be avaliable very soon from Autosparks along with compactible bulbs.

And thanks for tidying up my wrong wiring on my horn. And it was so tempting to say, 'yes I'll have that, and that, and that. Yep just whack it on the plastic!' lol I restrained myself, for now!

Pics to follow ...
Just glad that you are happy with them dude and we have already had something very positive out of thisT:, we will be offering the lamps and wiring as a kit very soon, as the manufacture of these wants to purchase the wiring upgrade kit to add to their lamps:) - happy days :)

Glad you had a safe trip home and the next time im around your neck of the woods i will give you a buzT:

many thanks

jay:ILU:

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
These kits will be on our shelves and website by the end of next week very latest, showing full details including fitting instructions and specs etcT:

many thanks

jay:ILU:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ok Just want to jump i here and say My lights are lol... Can somebody please walk me through an upgrade...of the kind this thread was started over.....Is it just a bulb and loom upgrade ? or the whole unit ?
Whats the cost involved please ?

Thank you

·
Registered
294 Posts
Another question about DRL's - has anybody fixed a kit that also turns on the rear side lights together with the DRLs? The last time we has some fog, I nearly ran into a number of new cars with DRLs from behind, because the idiots didn't realize that they were invisible from the rear and thought there wonderful DRL's acted as fog lights!

//NiSk

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
Ok Just want to jump i here and say My lights are lol... Can somebody please walk me through an upgrade...of the kind this thread was started over.....Is it just a bulb and loom upgrade ? or the whole unit ?
Whats the cost involved please ?

Thank you
The upgrade kit boosts the voltage to your lights, t4 wiring is poop hence why they look dull. This upgrade kit makes your lights brighter and if you have changed your headlamps to these:
for example it also makes the LED strip on them work as DRL's, if you did not have the upgrade loom you would have to switch on the LED strip with your normal side light switch, they will not be automatic with the ignition. If you do not have these lights then you will just need a standard headlight upgrade loom, which just boosts the voltage, can also add a pair of high performance bulbs.

With regards to cost it depends what your after. The upgrade looms can be from 35-45 pounds couple of people do them on here. The light units can be a fair bit more.

Cheers.
Abi T:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts