VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are now able to offer this kit with 2 different types of high performance bulbs, the first being the Osram Night Breaker's (these give 90% more light than standard bulbs) at a delivered price of £45 and also the Philips X-treme Vision (these give 100% more light than standard bulbs) and will cost £55 delivered to your door.

These can be purchased by following the link below and choosing the bulb option that you require.

http://www.xtremevan.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=5041

If anyone is looking to just purchase just the bulbs without the upgrade kit, then follow the link below:
http://www.xtremevan.co.uk/index.php?cPath=721_748

Many thanks

Jay

Right all, this is what you have been waiting for - the only kit of its kind on the marketT: Below are the details relating to this new headlamp upgrade kit (these are the instructions that come with the kit, but do show pretty picturesI:) and at a delivered price of £35.00 is a stealT:

XT 111

· Firstly disconnect vehicle battery before commencing electrical work.

· Consider the routing of the cables, particularly to the right hand headlamp unit before connecting the unit, as cables may need to be threaded through sections of bodywork.

· Remove the plug from the back of the right hand headlamp bulb.

· Insert the yellow/black & white/black cables fitted with the male spade terminals into corresponding colours in the original right hand headlamp plug. The brown (earth) wire in this plug isn’t used.

· Now fit the new headlamp plug onto the bulb.

· Repeat this operation for the left hand headlamp, but note with the yellow & white cables respectively.

· Decide on a mounting position for the relay assembly, ideally this should be fastened on the bulkhead as shown.

· Connect the brown cables with the ring terminal to the Negative side of the vehicle battery.

· Now you can reconnect the vehicle battery and also connect the red cables with the ring terminal to the positive side of the vehicle battery.

· You may now test the operation of your improved and upgraded dip beam & high beam operation.

Please note that each filament is individually fused, and triggered by the original wiring, this is a safety requirement that some upgrades don’t offer. Imagine a fuse blowing and both left and right hand headlamps failing together!

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I: if you can see pictures Jay we can't!! Is the album private or are there not suppose to be any pictures as the text implys (to me in any case) there are
The loading of pictures was never my strong pointI: and Abi has cleared off to RTTS for a week, walking around the place half nakedI:. It was a bit of a rush to sort, but she will be giving it her special touch when she returns:ILU: it will also show pictures of the kit and it fitted etc etc - well thats if she returnsI:

Cheers

Jay

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw one of these kits the other day at stereo steves place. Look very good, please put me down for a set for a t4 please.

JP
Hey no worries chap, i will even hand deliver it for you as i live very close to youT:, yeah steve had one of the first that we made, it was good to get his feedback as he has fitted many of the other types that are on the market. I will sort one of these for you once im back at work (week today):ILU:

cheers

Jay

·
Somebody stop me!
11,968 Posts
Is this upgrade mainly for older t4,s? ive got an 03 plate and uprated bulbs and they seem very good to me! Thinking of maybe doing a HID conversion at a later date tho. :)
The general consensis is that all headlight wiring on the T4 is carp, i'm yet to do mine but its on the shopping list which is, as usual a mile long :)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Please note that each filament is individually fused, and triggered by the original wiring, this is a safety requirement that some upgrades don’t offer. Imagine a fuse blowing and both left and right hand headlamps failing together
i had pointed this out before to the other makers of kits like this but was basically told to shut up and keep quiet, good workbud and nice to see someone with common sense.Each bulb must be fused seperetly thats why every car maker does it T:

1 - 20 of 169 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.