VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i am in desperate need of a new drivers side headlight bracket for my 2000 short nose t4 its the plastic one that looks like this one below..( thanks if its your pic )
[
]

It has the mounting for the indicator mine has been broken in the past...the indicator was stuck in with silicone..now fallen out..in the same previous shunt i'm guessing the headlight adjuster is broken so the headlight points randomly as well so will need the whole bracket

Anyone know if this bit comes attached to a new headlight it may be the quickest way for me to get one from gsf or euro if it does !!
Thanks in advance !!!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
But it will probably not come with the new adjuster. Rather than re-use the old ones which crumble and crack with age - order a couple off ebay at the same time. They are only a few quid and well worth changing at the same timeT: Just done mine!

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,597 Posts
Hi Squiz,

Sure you can T:

Guess you should of read the entire post I:

You can buy just the headlight 'retainer' on it's own, try TPS or any VW dealer.

The part number is on page 8 / thread #71. Follow the link, and you'll find all the adjuster screw part numbers as well.

Take a look here .... http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=249064&page=8

The only bit you get with the headlight 'retainer' is the white threaded bit, top left in picture in your original post.

TURK

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha thanks turk i just typed headlight bracket into the search and your pic came up straight away so i borrowed it ! Makes an interesting read the rest of your post..good skills you have !

I will pick up a headlight and adjuster on monday so i can be back on the road..investigating the cause of the indicator falling out led me too some previous accident damage..i nervously did an hpi check i should have done last week before buying it..sure enough it was a cat d insurance loss repair in 2010..gutting so keeping my spend as low as possible now to try get something back from it..

cheers for the replies !!!

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,597 Posts
Makes an interesting read the rest of your post..good skills you have !
Thanks for that squiz T:

If you haven't already, I would highly recommend the headlight upgrade kit.
It's designed to bypass the very poor original VW headlight wiring, and powers your headlights straight from the battery, via independent relays.
So if a fuse goes, at least you're not left in the dark in the middle of nowhere !

Good luck on your repair mate.

TURK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts