VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been well-intentioned but misleading advice in this forum that the heater control panel from a MK4 Golf (with a part number beginning with 1J) can be adapted to fit a post-99 T4. I'm not alone in making the mistake of buying a MK4 Golf panel only to find there is no way it could ever be made to fit. The front looks the same but the electrical connections are totally different and the outer sheaf of the control cable is secured differently. I'm currently in dispute with an eBay seller who even listed a panel from a Golf as a T4 heater control panel. As far as I'm aware only a genuine post-99 T4 control panel (ie with a part number beginning with 7O) will fit and these seem to be almost as rare as hens teeth or rocking horse poo.

·
Registered
135 Posts
mk4 Polo ones fit, but the cog that changes between the demister/feet/air vents is different and needs to be swapped from the original. There was a short guide on here but cannot remember where it is. Otherwise air will blow out the demister and feet at the same time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gooselogan. Have you actually fitted a MK4 Polo heater control panel in a post-99 T4? I've looked at an eBay ad for a MK4 Polo panel and the electrical connections don't look right.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Gooselogan. Have you actually fitted a MK4 Polo heater control panel in a post-99 T4? I've looked at an eBay ad for a MK4 Polo panel and the electrical connections don't look right.
hi just a quick note here ive fitted a heater control panel from a mk 3 golf i used the golf wiring too as it fits straight in! my van is a 95 with the slider heater type but liked the look of the later ones with turn dials:D:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, it's much easier to find a heater control unit to fit a pre-99 T4. Not so with later vans because ones from VW cars won't fit at all even though the dials look the same. The units are so rare that a broken one actually taken from later T4 recently went for £41 on eBay!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts