VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I am a newbie. I've done a quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for on existing threads - apologies if there are some. If you could point me in the direction of them I'd be grateful! If not, here is my situation...

We're currently in the process of converting a 2003 SWB T4 a.k.a. Jixi :love: Bought her in November last year, she is an absolute dream of course.

We'd like to install black roof rails & cross bars that can hold some weight (up to 40kg as an example). I'd consider myself pretty good at internet-ing, but cannot find any, anywhere. I found some on veedubs but they state they're for aesthetic purposes really. I found this kit on DST Auto for T5/T6's - something like this would be perfect.

I've been told the van was one of the last T4s before the T5s came into full production April 2003. Attached is a photo of the roof - can anyone help or offer some advice? 馃槆

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

Registered
T4 2000 1.9td ABL
Dream of course? Hah. Wait til the electrics start to flicker ;)
Read some of the build threads on this forum, loads and loads of solutions presented on roof-rack there.
In the end you got to look at the structure of the frame down. But 40kg is nothing on an roofrack.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dream of course? Hah. Wait til the electrics start to flicker ;)
Read some of the build threads on this forum, loads and loads of solutions presented on roof-rack there.
In the end you got to look at the structure of the frame down. But 40kg is nothing on an roofrack.
Don't say that! 馃槄 Thank you, will look a bit harder!

Registered
T4 2000 1.9td ABL
Don't say that! 馃槄 Thank you, will look a bit harder!
I do like my T4 too, its no charm. But the learning curve in tinkering is steep.
Yeah, can recall some (now) military-green t4 that has mounted roofbar from some renault, which fitted and looked great.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do like my T4 too, its no charm. But the learning curve in tinkering is steep.
Yeah, can recall some (now) military-green t4 that has mounted roofbar from some renault, which fitted and looked great.
Well I'll be coming back to you for your expertise if/when that happens in that case 馃槀 Oooh interesting, I'll try and find it, thank you.

Registered
Yep got a t4, it fitted nicely ,
like I said the headlining removal was a pain , I made and fitted a one piece one , oh and drilling the holes always a heart in mouth type job but take your time mark it out using some masking tape don't rush you can do it

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep got a t4, it fitted nicely ,
like I said the headlining removal was a pain , I made and fitted a one piece one , oh and drilling the holes always a heart in mouth type job but take your time mark it out using some masking tape don't rush you can do it
Oh how great... I feel a purchase coming on! Yes we've removed the headlining already as part of stripping down the van, it was defo a pain. We recently installed a side window... cutting out the hole for that was maybe the most terrifying moment of my life - hoping drilling into the roof will be a calmer process 馃槀 Thanks for your help and advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts