VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Recently bought a LHD 95 T4 Multivan with a Westy pop top which is my new pride and joy (a giant leap forward in drive-ability from the t25 California I had before!).

Have been busy sorting out the snags, but am a bit puzzled at how to get to the dead as a dodo leisure battery under the drivers seat. If I lift up the lever on the left hand side of the seat it will slide forward until it meets a stop, but this is not far enough to get the leisure battery out from behind the seat. There is a lever that pulls out horizontally on the right hand side of the seat base, but this does not seem to do anything. Any info on what this lever does, or more importantly how to slide the seat far enough forward o get at / change the leisure battery would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Boydarn

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
There are plastic covers front and back of the seat base, to remove the front one where the relays are you need a small flat headed driver or something similar, insert and push down and it releases the clips. On the rear one you'll need to remove the buddy seat if you have one and that one just clips off I think which will reveal the battery T:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hello all,

Recently bought a LHD 95 T4 Multivan with a Westy pop top which is my new pride and joy (a giant leap forward in drive-ability from the t25 California I had before!).

Have been busy sorting out the snags, but am a bit puzzled at how to get to the dead as a dodo leisure battery under the drivers seat. If I lift up the lever on the left hand side of the seat it will slide forward until it meets a stop, but this is not far enough to get the leisure battery out from behind the seat. There is a lever that pulls out horizontally on the right hand side of the seat base, but this does not seem to do anything. Any info on what this lever does, or more importantly how to slide the seat far enough forward o get at / change the leisure battery would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Boydarn
I've got a multivan driver seat in my T4 with a battery underneath. I find that the normal lever only lets the seat slide to a pre-set stop (just for adjusting the driving position). The other lever "overrides" the stop and lets the seat slide a lot further forwards. I find that it is enough to get the battery out, though popping off the back plastic cover as previously suggested also helps to get at the clamps that hold the battery in place.

Push the seat as far forward as it will go using the "normal" lever, then pull the other smaller lever and you should then be able to slide the seat even further forward (until it nearly touches the steering wheel. That's what mine does anyway!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, I think the leaver on the right hand side that is meant to let you overrun the stops must be broke.
May have to resort to removing seat and / or plastic front and back base panels... Hopefully not beyond my limited DIY abilities!!
Cheers all,
Boyd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts