VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys n gals have made my mind up deffo gettin a van but which type??

my budget can stretch to a late T4 or early T5, wanted some advice, just want a standard van wont b camping in it just using it for plumbing work and may b posing:D.

Heard the T4s have a good rep 4 reliability, but not sure about the T5s, what are the early T5s like and do they have the PD engines, and are PD engines any good reliability wise? and how much would an early T5 cost to tax?

any advice guys?:)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
well for ease of maintenance a 1.9 td is your best bet, once you start going down the road of 2.5 tdi youre adding all kindsa electrics and sensors to the mix and when you get on to t5s youre looking at canbus wiring systems (someone correct me if im wrong)

everyone will tell you different coz we all have different sized vans and opinions but listen to them all, get aquainted with the different models and then YOU can decide what you'd likeT:

mine's a 51 plate 1.9td t4 and is easy to work on, does 40-45 to the gallon and may not be as fast as a 2.5 but if i wanted fast i'd get a carT:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
their all td s ive got a 1.9td and think its great had no probs with it although word of warning the are slow and dont like hills much although ive tuned mine and it goes alot better their are threads on here called project power take alook hope this helps

ps the t5s are nice but not as well built as the t4 go for a long nose t4 T:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts