VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive finally purchased a t4. N reg 800 Special.

She is in a bad way! but I like a challenge. Body wise, there's a bump in the driver side wing, so new wing will be needed. It will need a complete rub down and paint job. Ive got a set of 18" porsche rims that will be going on once Ive refurbed them.

ENGINE, the bottom pulley has come off, Not sure weather the valves have gone until I investigate further. At worse case if they have been damaged, my fitter will sort it at a cost of £350. Hopefully it will just be a new pulley.
There's 157k on the clock, not sure if that's genuine.

This build/project is going to be a very long one, as I dont have the funds to throw at it.. But im going to enjoy it how ever long it takes.

Jobs done today was:
emptying all the rubbish out of the back that was left in there, and stripping all the old ply boarding out of the back.
Ive taken some pictures but cant upload them yet, as Ive only just paid my members fee. Not sure how long that takes to go through.

Let the fun begin :eek:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
As you can see, I've got my work cut out for me!! But I am going to enjoy doing it.

Its going to be a long Build.. as I said, I dont have loads of money to chuck at it straight away.. So it will be little bits done as I can aford it.

Also one of my other hobbies is Bodybuilding, and Im competing in the NABBA Wales in may.. So im concentrating on building my own body at the mo lol.

First jobs to be done on the van is things that are not going to cost, like stripping all the rubbish that needs replacing, sort of prepping the van. Also the engine problem ( bottom pulley) and the front wing.

This is my first build, so Ive got alot to learn... Im prob going to ask alot of silly questions! please be patient with me lol. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good luck with the build mate!! T:

Ill keep an eye on this dude and try and make the meetings. I haven't been to any yet but I should be in the near future :ILU:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck with the build and the contest. Never competed but i know the sacrifice and discipline needed when training for comp. I've recently started training again after 10yrs out :eek: still get the same buzz though T:
this prep has been really hard mate, I had 4 days carb depleting last week!! im dying for some nice food lol.

7 weeks left.. cant wait until its over..

·
Registered
687 Posts
Her in doors doesnt know about this little pot ;)

No build thread started on mine yet...its too depressing to start when i think about it but i have a T4 fund pot the same as you! Only mines a jam jar with £7 yes just £7 in it lol ...and thatl probably go towards my tax thats due at end of april
Keep up the good work tho T:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No build thread started on mine yet...its too depressing to start when i think about it but i have a T4 fund pot the same as you! Only mines a jam jar with £7 yes just £7 in it lol ...and thatl probably go towards my tax thats due at end of april
Keep up the good work tho T:
Jam jar £7 LOL:

Well I only have £20 in there at the moment LOL:
Like I said before Ive got to many other commitments at the moment to throw loads of money at it.. But Im just chuffed that Ive finally got my t4... so im happy to do a bit at a time..

And theres so many great Ideas on this forum, and so much help offered.. T:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Mine was in a similar state when i got it.Just finished it and putting on the road 1st April.
Enjoy the build and start a thread in the build sections.
Oh and from experiance your going to need a bigger pot.I:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks a bit like mine did this time last year. Also an n reg 800 special. Now in for a full repaint, lowered with 18" Audi rims so starting to get there,but still loads to do.

Good luck

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mine was in a similar state when i got it.Just finished it and putting on the road 1st April.
Enjoy the build and start a thread in the build sections.
Oh and from experiance your going to need a bigger pot.I:
Yes your van looks mint!! very good job youve done on that mate..

Can a mod move this to the build section???

1 - 20 of 76 Posts