VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a thought but with beaulie coming up,mikeys lobbs weekends are legendary,vanfest,camperjam the list goes on,but a long drive for a lot of members and with money being tight for everyone
scotland,ireland,the lake district and the north of england have a fair few t4 owners/forum memebers but these areas are large and for local meets people have to travel a large distance as areas are not as heavily populated as others down south so numbers at meets end up being low

what about n 2010 some kind of t4 tour ??? not sure how it would work but open to ideas/thoughts etc
maybe something along the lines of 10 forum members from down south travel to the lakes - meet up with lakes members and have a camping weekend

north england members travel to scotland and meet up with scottish members for a camping weekend

scottish members travel over to ireland and meet up with irish members for a camping weekend

open to suggestions if you think it could work,maybe im just feeling left out up here in the sticks LOL:

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Great idea - we are planning on a Scotland Tour next year in the Camper, aiming to end with friends in Forres (Poper Oop North)

No dates set yet, so if there is a meet / cruise to or from Lakes, would be well up for this T:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Good idea T:
I Will watch to see how this post develops :D
But definitely interested in a small weekend gathering oop north H: Would really like to make it up to Kildonan at some point, so if there was anything organised to split the journey, that would be great :cool::cheers

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
maybe could be a goer 3 people in already T: thats 1 more than the amount of members who turned up for lakes meet last sunday T:sorry tomass

i think it would be a bit of work/planning etc but im up for it as i fancy going to ireland I:

just had a thought what about a challenge along route ???? someone starts at lands end with a t4/5 ted travels with it up to wales say ?spends weekend camping with the welsh massive,next weekend wales go to midlands say? camp up and pass ted over,midlands travel to blackpool and camp pass it over,blackpool to the lakes,lakes to newcastle,newcastle to edinburgh and so on till ted ends up in john o groats ?????

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
maybe could be a goer 3 people in already T: thats 1 more than the amount of members who turned up for lakes meet last sunday T:sorry tomass

i think it would be a bit of work/planning etc but im up for it as i fancy going to ireland I:

just had a thought what about a challenge along route ???? someone starts at lands end with a t4/5 ted travels with it up to wales say ?spends weekend camping with the welsh massive,next weekend wales go to midlands say? camp up and pass ted over,midlands travel to blackpool and camp pass it over,blackpool to the lakes,lakes to newcastle,newcastle to edinburgh and so on till ted ends up in john o groats ?????
You like making things hard Paul:eek:
You can co ordinate itH:
In my experience though loads of people say they are interested but then don't turn up:(

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You like making things hard Paul:eek:
You can co ordinate itH:
In my experience though loads of people say they are interested but then don't turn up:(
maybe the bit about the ted was too much but the whole general tour thing would be good T:,cmon guys ideas/suggestions

·
Registered
236 Posts
Paul,

How about the NI boys meet the Scots in either Stranraer or Dumfries/Gretna, Eire meet with the North Wales boys around Holyhead, South West meet South Wales around Cardiff/Monmouth etc etc and we all head to the NEC?

Or

We all go to Blair Drummond & go round bumper to bumper?A:

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
dont leave the yorkshire lads/lasses out :D im up for a weekend camping with some peoples

1 - 12 of 12 Posts