VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i'm not the first person to talk about this, far from it, but i have noticed that the scuttle panel on the T4 often holds water after it rains.
Depending on the slope you are parking on, this can lead to water making its way round the bonnet seal and onto the engine which is not ideal.

What modifications have people done to try and rectify this?

I was thinking of drilling a hole in the middle and inserting a grommet of some sort and a pipe to drain the water away somewhere else...
The part shown below is from a MK1 golf and was used for this purpose (Scuttle Drain Valve 171819419 Mk1 Golf, Jetta, Caddy)

What are your thoughts and have you attempted anything like this?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi chap,

have a search for front wing water mod. Most people including myself put a drain pipe from scuttle panel down past inner wing.
See my build thread or search on here, very common topic
Just had a look now, seems really neat!
Did you not put one in the middle and only fix the sides?

The only reason i say this is after the rain last night, i went out in the morning and there was a lot of standing water beneath the windscreen. Im tempted to add another hole in the middle.

Your van looks epic though!

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Just had a look now, seems really neat!
Did you not put one in the middle and only fix the sides?

The only reason i say this is after the rain last night, i went out in the morning and there was a lot of standing water beneath the windscreen. Im tempted to add another hole in the middle.

Your van looks epic though!
No just the original holes either side of the panel is all you need. I blocked off the stereo antenna hole on the NS too as I no longer use it.
If you've got water standing then there's a blockage.
I'm going to add a small stainless mesh on my holes as I had a leaf block a pipe the other day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts