VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

VW T4 (96-03) seat bases made 32mm lower to allow a fasp swivel plate to be fitted bringing your seat back to the original height.

Laser cut and coded welded from 2mm mild steel. (2mm same as original VW bases)

Pre drilled to fit straight to the van and supplied with 3mm plate washers for added strength with slotted holes on top to adjust the swivel plate to the required position also supplied with 3mm plate washers.

Powder coated matt black for a standard look.

Price £87 each + 14% vat + postage (£15.80)

Please pm me with any questions.

Regards Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got my lowered seat base this morning-beautifully manufactured,superbly packed and uber fast delivery-spot on mate-cheersT:T:T:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had mine in for a few weeks now-very pleased- the fact that the front of the lowered seat base is enclosed means whatever you keep under your seat doesn't slide out into the footwell those few times you have to break a little hard :) nice touch.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanksT: yes they are i sold the first 10 with in 3 weeks, ive got 10 now and another 10 in production as we speak plus iam trading at camperjam as wellT: these are the new batch the plates at the bottom of the first picture are now welded in the bottom of the base for better strength when bolted to the van:)

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Hey mate, I was wondering a couple of things,

first...any discount for buying a pair? I:I:

Secondly is there any chance a door with locks being welded on the gap? To make it almost a small safe....i know it may not do too much, I'm just looking for a deterrent for the opportunist and somewhere safe to whack the passport while I'm traveling!

Thanks, Stu

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
T: thanks for the interest in the bases lads you must have read my mine, when i first made my prototype bases for my own van i had an idea to have some draws under my seats to make storage of bits and bobs a bit more easy and tidy. the plan was to get a few standard bases made up to get a feel for what people wanted and if they would sell. now i've had some great feed back the plan is to move to the next level and maybe a closed base with the option of some sort of safe with locking feature. ive also been asked to make bespoke bases for people on the forum who have non standard seats MG/alfa/saab but have had to turn these down as i don't have a work shop at the moment. t5 bases are also on the list but are a bit more involved due to the hand brake but its some thing i'm working on. i'll keep every one posted on the door/safe option and will contact my manufacturer and get some designs on the go, i'm trading at camperjam this year for the first time so if anyone is going come find me and say hello T: ps.. sorry stu i cant shift on the price for two i have to cover my costs enoff so that i can continue to produce my bases.:*

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi

I was looking at your seat bases on ebay and noticed that there is now only one available. After lots of research and good reviews I am really interested in 2 of your bases, I was wondering if there was any plan to make any more.

Cheers

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi T:. yes just had the next batch made to take to camper jam at the weekend plus i will be getting some more made up depending on how they go at the show, but yes i will be making more so dont worry. i am also working on a safe/locker base as well at the moment so watch this space hope to get them done soon. cheers chrisT:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks si T: had some good feed back at the show as well the week end shame it was so wet though:* still workin on the safe/locker option at the minit but should have some ready soon, could do with givin up work dont seem to get enoff time to playT:
cheers chris:ILU:

·
Registered
746 Posts
just fitted a pair of these along with my A8 electric seats. Nice bit of kit and Chris is a nice bloke to deal with. I had to adapt mine slightly but I expected this. Compared to the standard ones, the front is now blocked off, which I quite like as it means I can stash stuff like my mineral 2 stroke oil under passenger one and not worry about it sliding out onto the mats.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts