VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Both mine have stopped working and it seems a common fault with a few threads on it regarding solder beyond the dials.

I'm wondering if I just swapped the whole cluster would that resolve the issue? It seems easier than a repair?

Thanks all

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,534 Posts
Well, you've provided "so much information" about your particular van that it's impossible to answer!
There are MANY variations of the instrument panels....and sorting the problem varies from a 5 min solder fix, to searching for Hen's teeth or Rocking Horse manure!!!

IF you can find the correct cluster, a swap is possible..BUT you'll have the mileage reading displayed from the one you install.

There's also a chance it's the wiring loom that runs behind the engine on RHD vans....a common problem...open the loom plastic cover and see how many wires are broken/damaged....and repair them.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

The clocks are the type with a clock on the right no rev counter, and a digital mileage display.

Cant seem to find one at the moment if I find a part number that might help 😦 I think I'll go for the swap if I can find one

1 - 3 of 3 Posts