VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can any body please help me? i have a 1999 t4 td,glow plug light wouldnt come on and van would not start.replaced glow plug relay,ignition switch checked fuses .glow plug light flickers now and then and i had it started last night but got in it thjs morning and nothing.many thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for replying, no i havent yet doing that today ,there seems to be no power getting through to the glow plugs.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Normally if your plugs are on their way out, you can usually start it by turning your ignition several times to warm them up properly first. If you have replaced your relay, should work fine. But all this has probably knocked your battery, so check that as well. If it started in the evening but not the following morning it will be the battery

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers mate , i have changed the glow plugs ,the glow plug light on dash came on and the engine started .Have taken van for a run and all seems well, although when i turned the ignition off then on again what do you think no glow plug light .will try in the morning to see if it comes back on, many thanks for your help buddy this is my first t4 and so far not a very good experience !

·
Registered
98 Posts
If it doesn`t come on, then leave ignition lights on for 5 seconds or so as if your heating up the plugs anyway, then try it. Was your battery ok?

·
Registered
98 Posts
By the way, if you took the van for a run, then the engine is warm anyway, so the glow plug light won`t come on as the plugs dont need to warm up.
Good luk with it in the morning mateT:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi mate thanks for taking the time to reply and for your help ,yes battery is ok van started no proplem seems to be sorted ,now i can get on with sorting the body etc cheers .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks , looking forward to getting it up to scratch now , cheers for your input and good luck with yours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts