VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, complete T4 newb here. I've been hunting around the forums but I can't find the right answer. I've just confused myself with wheel stats!

I'd like to know what the original stock steel wheel size and specs are for a 2002 1.9TD T4 1000 SWB And where to get hold of some.

I'm getting my van at the end of the month and it's lovely - it just has massive alloys on that I don't like at all.

I'd like to replace with original steels that are load rated and get them powdercoated black (not banded or anything, just bog standard) with some tyres that aren't low profile and might cope with a few fields as well as mostly the road. The van is stock height (I think) with full camping interior.

My brain has been melted from all the various numbers associated with wheels and tyres that I don't understand and now I'm no closer to sorting anything out. Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Simple solution would be to go on nation tyres or similar, put in your reg plate and that will generate a list of options, well does with me anyway, then you’ll have your wheel sizes hopefully

·
Registered
560 Posts
Standard Tyre And Wheel Sizes

Have a look here if the link works, If I've done it right ! Good article although the pictures have disappeared. Might give you the info you want.

I'm thinking they should be 15 inch, 6J but there are different ones for different years. Also offset differs too. My 03 2.5 TDI has a 55 offset, yours may well be the same as it's an 02 model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts