41 - 60 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
before

after

18/8 avanti phantic wheels et35 and 690kgs each

225/50/r18 tyres at 690kgs each

lowered on the bar at the front and with 60 mm t4srus springs on the back.

before lowering the back the measurement from the center of the wheel to the apex of the wheel arch was 435 mm
after lowering and driving round for a couple of hundred km's it measured 375 mm. I have a simple camper conversion in the rear of the van, estimate approx 150 kgs empty and another 150 kgs fully loaded
The front arches have been flared slightly, the rears will need to be done too to stop a little guard rub.

·
Registered
345 Posts
what was the little fiddle? i have t4rus 85mm springs and the thinner spring seats, still need to go a bit lower, any advise?
Yeah bin the t4rus springs calibra / cavalier / astra h / corsa / bmw springs seem to be the only way to get one 'low' standard springs or in some cases lowered versions of the springs above. along with lowered plates or none at all :D
As for the front notching chassis plates , shortening and re shaping the bumpstops as well as winding down the torsion bar does the trick :D

Jake

·
Somebody stop me!
11,892 Posts
Before lowering

After

with 19's and after a couple of years of bedding in time

19" 8j et30 rims fitted with 245 40 19 tyres, there aint a lot of room on the front and i have had to fit standard bump stops again but the rears just about clear unless its a really big bump and it just touches the tyre wall.

·
Registered
38 Posts
eibach springs from tidy t's with top plate removed.
front 20mm left of thread.
225/45/18 tyres
i have a caravelle's rear seats and the springs cope with the weight when fully loaded with 8 adults!!

·
Registered
396 Posts

lowered 40mm on eibach's with standard 15" wheels + 5 people + band gear... just done 1230 miles in 5 days with no problems.

can't recommend the springs enough, buy cheap buy twice, is that what they say?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been craving wheel caps you have- I didn't know they existed- chill, sweet way to go!
I have tried in vain to get, source have made. WICKED:eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
slammed my van as much as i can get it for now, i have chopped front bump stops and ginded down the front top plates

19x8.5 et45 genuine A8 rims

41 - 60 of 170 Posts