VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Vogtland 40mm springs and sachs HD shocks fitted yesterday, love the ride now and the lowered stance of our van

before

After

The torsion bar nuts were supprisingly free and easy to adjust, wound them both down 15mm

·
Registered
59 Posts
Before:

The other side of the vehicle was sitting about 20mm higher at the back due to mismatched springs. The drop appears less noticeable on this side...

After, 16s, Vogtland 45mm springs, front wound down by about 60mm.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Guys picked up my new van today it's already dropped on 40mm red springs ? The wheels are Audi a4 I think 18" I deff wanna drop it more lower do u think 60mm will be ok without rubbing on arches ? Or could it go a bit lower thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dropped on 50mm Eibachs... but it looks a bit more than 50 to me. Really happy with the new stance, just need to get her some new shoes now. Any ideas?!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Finally got round to doing it

Rear dropped by 60mm , torsion bars were pretty free too. Wound em down 10mm . I think the front needs to drop a bit more though.
Just need to get some wheels now :)

Before

After

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

Wound down to about 75mm atm these dampers are awesome about 10 different settings
I've been looking at this and wondering what was wrong with the picture. You've cut the middle out of the top damper mount.... or someone has..?? So your damper is mounted with just one bolt at the top, and there's no bump stop. So your suspension arm will hit the chassis leg if fully compressed! :eek:

·
Registered
147 Posts

Dropped about 12" lol not sure yet air bag setup all round with costom air bag and shock mounts raised sub list goes on & on still not finished but getting near

·
Registered
945 Posts
Before :
[/URL]
After -40mm Vogtland springs with 5mm replacement top rubber. Front not touched yet! :

·
Registered
1 Posts

Vogtland 40mm springs, 205/65 16's and full camping interior.

Excellent ride, I would say better than the eibachs I had on my last van!

141 - 160 of 170 Posts