VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering what people are paying for there resprays.
searching for my first van and everything until 3K plus is white.
so i think its gonna be white and then a respray.
whats the going sort of money for a repaint including shuts?

would a metallic/ pearl colour cost alot more over a flat colour?
thanksT:
ian

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
hiya, mines being done in two monthsH: am paying £1500 for full job, inside doors, the lot in 2 pack. hes a mate too, does a factory finishT:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
factory finish is just coverd in orange peel so wants to be better than any factory spray job tbh

as for prices can go from £600-2000 all depends but going rate seams to be around 1500quid

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
factory finish is just coverd in orange peel so wants to be better than any factory spray job tbh

as for prices can go from £600-2000 all depends but going rate seams to be around 1500quid

what i meant was you wouldnt know it had had a resprayRasp:

·
Registered
518 Posts
what ever you get , get them to spray plenty on, that way you can cut it back and get a better than factory finish, may take a while but at least its all covered in paint!

mine cost £800 including the door shuts, not the best but you get what you pay for....

·
Registered
636 Posts
you defo get wot you pay for.....i was just quoted 2500....thats the van striped, all the paint stripped back...all body reapirs done not that theres many i reckon it would look really good finished. he said it the cost of the paint doesnt make much difference as the majority of the work is involved is in the prep.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Having said that there are plenty of non white vans available if you're patient.

I got my green one from ebay and a main factor for me was it wasn't white!

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi mate im getting mine back tommorrow i had front bumper fitted new rear door fitted bulkhead removed spoiler fitted full colour coding all dents and scraps done and full rubdown and respray down in 2 pack for £1000 by a mate im landed cant wait to see herA:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the replys peeps. prices seem to vary quite a bit depending on where and whats being done.
i am also a big believer in you get what you paf for and buy cheap buy twice.
thanks for the advice, i bet get saving the pennys
ian

·
Registered
153 Posts
hi mate im getting mine back tommorrow i had front bumper fitted new rear door fitted bulkhead removed spoiler fitted full colour coding all dents and scraps done and full rubdown and respray down in 2 pack for £1000 by a mate im landed cant wait to see herA:
can i be his mate !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
ian - will do mate still in shop went down today and its getting sprayed tommorrow, the price has gone up a little bit but not much due to me adding a few extras and generally being a pain in the ass!

hes looking at expanding into doing more with the vans and told him about the forum and hes keen to get something i think and using my van aas a bit of a trial so hopefully have some photos up in the week and ill start my build thread so keep looking.

·
Registered
229 Posts
enough paint to spray an entire van, from my local paint supplier is around £75, primer and top coat.

there is a hell of a lot of labour involved in painting a van, but one person can do it in less than a week, so why £1500

·
Registered
171 Posts
enough paint to spray an entire van, from my local paint supplier is around £75, primer and top coat.

there is a hell of a lot of labour involved in painting a van, but one person can do it in less than a week, so why £1500
Please tell me where they are! :eek:
I pay £38.95 plus the vat for 1 litre of 2k high solid colour, the last van I re-sprayed I bought 4 litres and used about 3.5, then there is activator and thinners. Add to that all the DA discs, masking materials, primer and filler, you're probably looking at least £300. Oh yeah and it was 7 solid days, most of that with 2 people working on it. T:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
i pay a lot less than that for paint and its good stuff not cheap old out of date stock .

tend to be paying around 90quid inc activator and 2k thiners for 5litres , dont use that maybe use 3.5-4litres but works out cheaper

·
Registered
171 Posts
i pay a lot less than that for paint and its good stuff not cheap old out of date stock .

tend to be paying around 90quid inc activator and 2k thiners for 5litres , dont use that maybe use 3.5-4litres but works out cheaper
Is that fully compliant? If so I think its about time I started shopping around. Is that a local factor or internet?
That would cost me £233.65 plus the vat! :(

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
sure is and i actualy order it online there only down the road from me but they offer free delivery so no point messing about .

price is for solid couler .

i no last time i went in they did me 5L paint , 5L 2k thinners 2.5Lactivator , body filler,paper , 5L panel wipe and bag of tack rags load of masking tape few other bits for £120+vat

1 - 20 of 22 Posts