VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i've recently bought my t4 syncro and would like to get some off road tyres (preferably wider and knobbly:)). Can someone tell me the largest tyre diameter you can put on a t4 (without altering the bodywork)? and the widest tyre you can put on a t4 (With the sliding door still opening).

The suspension is unaltered and i don't intend to change it. I've done quite a lot of research and found one of the smallest off road tyre sizes i can find readily available is 235 70 r16's, which work out as 29" diameter (as oppose to 27" fitted already fitted), would these fit in the wheel arches? Are they going to gear it up too much and it'll have no power?

Wheels wise i was thinking of 16" land rover discovery 2 alloys (5x120) and i could buy 5x120 to 5x112 adapters.

I need to use well rated wheels and tyres as i use the t4 to pull my rather large caravan, that's why i was thinking land rover alloys.

Their doesn't seem to be much out there to help t4's go off road and it's all getting extremely complicated, anybody got recommendations, advice or anyone who's had the same problem?

cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got 215x60x17 General Graber all terrains, thats about as big as you can go, fills the arches quite well I've not got a Syncro but thats the look I'm going for, I was looking for 16" rims so I could get Insa Turbo Mud tyres but couldn't find a set quick enough, the tyres that were on it needed replaced quickly, with the offset of he wheels even with 215's they come out as far as you'd really want to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts