VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
iv got the uprated tailgate struts in polished marine grade stainless steel they will be in 2 types one for standard tailgates and the other for tailgates with bike racks £65 +postage for a pair and can do these in normal black at £45 + postage pics to follow mid week when i collect stock

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Would be very interested In these mate. Would they be strong enought to hold a side loading door if it was hinged from the top like a tailgate?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I need a pair of uprated struts too, tailgate nearly took my head off the other day after it dropped down a bit with the bike rack on it. Got a big hole in my head now, no hair to cushion the blow! How do I order a pair?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Not thought about doing it to the van actually. I'm looking at making a T4 trailer as I've found an old shell that's going for a good price. I bought the van to cart the bikes around in and that went south once I started adding the conversation so, I want a trailer that I can secure the bikes (in around £10k for two bikes mind) as I'll be spending weekends racing away. I'll need the room and a trailer gives me more of a chance to take everything I need comfortably.

Could do the van as well though.....I:

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi gazmataz i think they will do the side door easy prob need lower pressure ones but i can get ajustable ones and load them fully then you can let the pressure out till there correct ill have to ask if theres a difference in price but it will be small if there is i can get brackets as well. if any one wants to order some pay pal adress is [email protected] and put a note in what type you need eg with or without bike rack and your adress thanks

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
hi gazmataz i think they will do the side door easy prob need lower pressure ones but i can get ajustable ones and load them fully then you can let the pressure out till there correct ill have to ask if theres a difference in price but it will be small if there is i can get brackets as well. if any one wants to order some pay pal adress is [email protected] and put a note in what type you need eg with or without bike rack and your adress thanks
Ok mate. I'm going to chat to my mate to see if he's happy to do this the the side door of the trailer. If he is I'll order some in. T:

·
Registered
127 Posts
do you still have some black ones? are they uprated for extra weight too?
my tailgate wont stay up now ive sound deadened and put speakers in it.

·
Beardy Bus Driver
1,419 Posts
I'l take a pair of black uprated for a T4 please. T: I'll PM you with address and Paypal later today.

Cheers J

1 - 19 of 19 Posts