VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I broke down a while ago. Van just died. Managed to get in a slip road. When I started the van , it went straight to max engine speed.turned off. Tried again , same thing.got recovered. Not sure if it a pump issue. As accelerator cable is disconnected. And still does the same. I have another pump,but it is different. It has a black plastic box on it. And wiring is different. Any ideas?

Registered
Hi. I broke down a while ago. Van just died. Managed to get in a slip road. When I started the van , it went straight to max engine speed.turned off. Tried again , same thing.got recovered. Not sure if it a pump issue. As accelerator cable is disconnected. And still does the same. I have another pump,but it is different. It has a black plastic box on it. And wiring is different. Any ideas?
need more inforrmation....

Rich.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I have age T4 1.9td. I drove from Sussex to santa pod. No trouble. On the way back , stopped at Woking in Surrey. Adjusted fuel screw, to get a bit more power. I drove another 50 miles, giving it a bit of stick. It was a lot better. Then gave up, lost power and stopped. Tried to restart it. It started, but engine ran flat out. Turned it off. Tried again same thing. AA got me home. Did the same when back at home. My Son and I had a bit of a look at it. Thought it was pump. We disconnected the accelerator cable. This made no difference. Switched it on. Ran flat out again. So at a bit of a loss now, on where to go with it. I have another pump from a 1.9td. this pump is different, as it has a black plastic box on it. Also the wiring is different.

Registered
Thought it was pump. We disconnected the accelerator cable. This made no difference. Switched it on. Ran flat out again
there is a 'damper' (looks like a shock-absorber) on the pump that is connected to the throttle lever, these can sieze / stick causing all kinds of problems. if it's still tere I'd suggest removing it:*

also, adjusting the 'fuel-screw' can cause issues, check that it has not fallen outI:

as to the pump with the plastic box, photo's speak a thousand words;)

Rich.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Rich. I've only just worked out how to post. Still don't if I'm doing it in the right section. I can take some pictures. Just not sure how to up load them. I'm a bit of a techno gone.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Rich. I can't up load pictures. I could what's app them to you. And you could post them for me. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts