VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have a 2002 2.5 blue I T4, it has always started with no probs but the other day it would turn over but not fire. Had a mechanic round and he noticed the engine warning light didn’t come on when I turned the key and his computer was not getting a signal from the ECU, so checked the 109 starter relay and found it wasn’t pulling in. Bought a new one, as the old seemed faulty but still won’t fire?
Van started 3 weeks prior to this and the only thing I have done is charged the battery, all fuses in dashboard and fuses by battery are all good, any suggestions?

·
Registered
59 Posts
If it makes a fast clicking noise when you turn the ignition key for glow plugs, this may be the power to the ecu from the battery, it has its own feed off the battery

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Hi all
I have a 2002 2.5 blue I T4, it has always started with no probs but the other day it would turn over but not fire. Had a mechanic round and he noticed the engine warning light didn’t come on when I turned the key and his computer was not getting a signal from the ECU, so checked the 109 starter relay and found it wasn’t pulling in. Bought a new one, as the old seemed faulty but still won’t fire?
Van started 3 weeks prior to this and the only thing I have done is charged the battery, all fuses in dashboard and fuses by battery are all good, any suggestions?
I've got exactly this too, but no glowplug warning light everything else ok, cranks ok but no smoke or fumes from exhaust, looking at immobilizer at the moment to see if that's the problem

·
Registered
90 Posts
Check the wiring loom over the top of the engine I've seen the black/white ecu wire brake a few times causing the ecu relay to not engage

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Connect a live wire to the solenoid underneath the diesel pump and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts