VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I was originally hoping to get a T5 for around 5,500 sometime this year (sell car for 2,500 & borrow 3,000), but I think I am going to be changing jobs soon & giving myself a pay cut - therefore no borrowing & getting a T4 (sell car 2,500 = T4)

What are the pro's of a T4 vs a T5 , ideally I will be getting something with as low mileage as possible for 2,500 & one not too old?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks guys, for answering the question, so the T4 is a much better engineered van, but you need to pay 3,000 + at least for a decent van ?
Hi there, I paid 2k for mine, its an 02 2.5tdi (88bhp) swb panel van with 149k and just one owner, it wasn't special to look at with a bashed sliding door and a couple of other blemishes but I had an opportunity to look underneath it and it still has original wax oil on it (said the guy) and NO rust!! Was filthy as hell but after removing the vinyl sign writing n a polish looks great. Mechanically sound and drives superb. I think I got a proper bargain how bout you guys?!

I have had a few vans and many many cars and this thing is by far the easiest to work on, its like vw wanted to make it easy for me to save money and fix it myself, something my sceptical mind thinks other manufacturers do the opposite of, could that be the case with the t5, no insults pls :D LOL:

I have some pics in my forum album of it a couple of days after I got it and I will be adding some more tomorrow, I will put a couple on this thread mate, see what you reckon!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Anyone who thinks they can run a modern vehicle on a pittance is very much mistaken, no major manufacturer makes it easy for home repairs, they all want you to take it to a main dealer, buy a T4 and you will pay big money sorting it out, same goes for a T 5, buy the best you can afford pref with a full service history one owner and low milagge, but like everything in life , you gets what you pay for

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.