VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 'un in here from Cheshire.

Been considering a T4 for conversion, but after trawling through hundreds of mind boggling adverts trying to decide, I still haven't seen a single one that appears to have air con fitted.
Did they ever fit it in the T4, 'cus if not, I'll end my search now?

Have a few other questions to ask, but I'll get this essential (to me) one out of the way first to save wasting time on others if it isn't /wasn't ever an option.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I have factory fitted aircon in mine and it works really well. Good job really because its black and get a little warm in the summer. There are high spec vans out there but they are fairly rare to find and will command a premium.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have factory fitted aircon in mine and it works really well. Good job really because its black and get a little warm in the summer. There are high spec vans out there but they are fairly rare to find and will command a premium.
Thanks for that. At least I know now, but you aren't kidding on the rarity factor!:eek:

Been searching Autotrader, E Bay and Pistonheads, and haven't seen a single advert that mentions air con.
Getting a bit weary trawling these sites now too tbh.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stick with it fella you will find the van for you eventually.....
Trouble is, my expectations may be too high I fear.
Looking for one with the aforementioned air con, but also in excellent condition with realtively low mileage and NOT already fully converted preferably.
Am I just dreaming here?
Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Another question....(I have used the search facilty btw)...just how many different dieasels did they produce during the T4 build life, as I've seen some ad's describing them as TD's, and others as TDi's, and I presume the TD cannot be bhp uprated?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
There were a number of shape T4s but engine wise essentially 5 from factory...

1.9D Non turbo 64bhp
1.9TD Turbo Diesel 68bhp
2.4D Non turbo ?bhp
2.5TDi 88 bhp
2.5TDi 102bhp

There are however a number of T4's that have had the 1.9TDi (Engine code 1z/ahu) transplanted, which have been quoted by a popular T4 mechanic on this forum to be "Better than the 2.5TDi" I: however it is not a factory fit... Take a read thru the link in my signature...

Take a look in classifieds & showroom on this forum there are more likely to be a few bargains here before they hit the bay of e's T: I wish I had known about this forum before I bought my van as I would have really known what to look for...

·
Registered
100 Posts
There were a number of shape T4s but engine wise essentially 5 from factory...

1.9D Non turbo 64bhp
1.9TD Turbo Diesel 68bhp
2.4D Non turbo ?bhp
2.5TDi 88 bhp
2.5TDi 102bhp

There are however a number of T4's that have had the 1.9TDi (Engine code 1z/ahu) transplanted, which have been quoted by a popular T4 mechanic on this forum to be "Better than the 2.5TDi" I: however it is not a factory fit... Take a read thru the link in my signature...

Take a look in classifieds & showroom on this forum there are more likely to be a few bargains here before they hit the bay of e's T: I wish I had known about this forum before I bought my van as I would have really known what to look for...
There was also a 2.5TDi 151bhp, though not many of them made it to the UK. See Wikipedia for the full range of engines and when they were produced T:

And to answer the original question, yes you could definitely get either manual or climate-controlled factory a/c. The multivans even had/have a 2 zone system for front/rear of the van. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Mine has factory fitted dual zone digital climate control with extra digital control in the rear, although it wasn't advertised as such, so a luck extra I found when I viewed it!

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
i think will at tidytransporters has a nice blue 2.5tdi coming up for sale,102hp with air con,electric sunroof,headlamp washers,electric windows and mirrors,drivers and passengers airbag all fitted from new T:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts