VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

As a new boy to the Forum, I'm looking for a bit of advice, please.

I have a rear Westfalia bench seat that I'd like to sell - the type that slots into the grooves on the floor of my T4 California with built-in seatbelts - and wondered if anyone could suggest where best to advertise.

Happy to send pictures.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
If it is the original integrated factory seat, that is able to fold down into a bed, I would be inclined to make every effort to keep it.

If you ever came to sell your T4 without it, I suspect you would take a significant hit on value of the vehicle and goodness knows where you would get another (aside from a new member on here ;) )

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Without it you may just forget about it being a Westfalia ....... unless you have a Westfalia Multivan which is a slightly different animal. Either way I feel you would regret the decision ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

No, it's not the rock and roll bed. It's an additional 2-seat bench, to make it a 7 seater, which clamps into the rails in front of the bench/bed.

I've got a California Advantage. The previous owner bought this seat which is just taking up space in the store room. I've been told they'e worth quite a bit...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
OK, that makes sense.....and I now see where you are coming from (I have a Caravelle and it has a pop up table that I never use and it's always in the way. It is now in the garage gathering dust).

The California Club mentioned above is a good shout, although I believe it's mostly T5s now. If the seat is rare, then ebay is an option, as less common items sell (unlike most if the junk that just languishes). I have always got a sale for unwanted items. Just needs patience for the right buyer to come along.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

No, it's not the rock and roll bed. It's an additional 2-seat bench, to make it a 7 seater, which clamps into the rails in front of the bench/bed.

I've got a California Advantage. The previous owner bought this seat which is just taking up space in the store room. I've been told they'e worth quite a bit...

Thanks
OK with you now. Yes they are rare and would command a premium if sold; and I agree if it were mine it would be 'in the way' if fitted ;)

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I had quite a hard time finding one for mine. Found mine on the california forum search. You need to be patient to sell as there won't be many people wanting them but when someone does they will pay premium due to rarity. Should be worth £500+. When I was looking I looked on gumtree too and at least its free. Just need to be patient. Makes great outside seat when camping too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts