VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 19TD T4 1999 and the passenger side seat belt gets soaking wet when it rains hard. Ive had a look over the roof and gully's for holes etc but cant see any obvious areas of concern.
I dont have any roof bars or 3rd part roof furniture at all...

Is there another location that im missing that may cause water to run in the B Pillar and soak the belt?
I have noticed that the interior light switch for the sliding door on the B Pillar is very loose but cant imagine it letting in that much water.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hi,

I have a 19TD T4 1999 and the passenger side seat belt gets soaking wet when it rains hard. Ive had a look over the roof and gully's for holes etc but cant see any obvious areas of concern.
I dont have any roof bars or 3rd part roof furniture at all...

Is there another location that im missing that may cause water to run in the B Pillar and soak the belt?
I have noticed that the interior light switch for the sliding door on the B Pillar is very loose but cant imagine it letting in that much water.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Could it be coming up from underneath?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Might be worth getting a Workzone flexible inspection camera from Aldi?

About £25 (if they still have it). Drill a 10mm hole or push it through an existing aperture into the pillar for a look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a great idea. I might go ALDI this evening to see if they have any left in stock.
Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts