VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've searched through countless threads and I see that a lot of you build carpeted boxes to cover the rear wheel arches and maybe to include a bit of storage. I figure the boxes could also assist in supporting a bed base or shelf, too.

Question 1: How do you affix them to the van (floor/walls), so they don't move around?

Question 2: Can anybody give me the dimensions for the boxes? (I can and will measure them but any pointers will be greatly appreciated!).

Van is a 1994 T4 SWB.

Thanks,

Baz

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
after you have made the boxes, check out screwfix for a 2 piece fixing called keku. They are a semi permanant fixing. This means that you can fix the boxes in place, but can remove them without any tools required. I use these at work and know how strong a fixing they make. Hope this helps. Ken

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after you have made the boxes, check out screwfix for a 2 piece fixing called keku. They are a semi permanant fixing. This means that you can fix the boxes in place, but can remove them without any tools required. I use these at work and know how strong a fixing they make. Hope this helps. Ken
Thanks Ken,

I'll see if I can find "keku" fixings or simialr. I think I know what you mean... I liek thinsg to be easily removable, if needed.

Cheers,

Baz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts