VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

These are my 18" audi alloys. They have been curbed a little but the photos make them look worse than they are! :confused:

I want £300 for them but only because they have brand new goodyear, low profile tyres on them. The tyres were £500 on there own and have seen less than 50 miles.

I had new wheels on order but suffered a blow out on the motorway before they arrived, so needed replacements as they were all a bit funky. Would have kept the tyres for my new wheels but they came with tyres.

any questions, ask away

Matt

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Damn it, I would've deffo had these if I hadn't just been stung so badly with insurance and new winter tyres (that's a laff, the day after fitting them all the snow in Scotland melted :( .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ Jim

You have PM.

@ Mr Wavestarved :D You can have seconds if Jim isnt interested.

Thanks all

Matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys and gals

Im getting alot of replys by PM. thats no problem but it would be easier if you could call as itll cost me an arm and a leg to phone everybody.

Its 07812991649 - matt ill be up until late tonight (the missus is out so its playstation time :D)

ta

Matt

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
Sorry to pee on your chips, but if they only state '92W' at the end, I'm pretty certain that the tyres are NOT load rated... usually you get 'XL' for Extra Load at the end of the spec. '92' is a tyre rated for car use up to 630kg/corner... May well be fine on a van, but if you have a blow-out that is related to load and usage of the van, you may have insurance trouble... :(

Ideally, the minimum for a van with any kind of load in it (bearing in mind maximum kerb weights of 2600kg upwards for T4s and T5s) should be 94XL up. :ILU:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
M: Oh. So what are you saying? that the tyres are not strong enough to support the basic weight of the van?

I dont know what to do about that now? :confused:

Matt

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
No that's not what I'm saying - they will support the van, possibly fully loaded, but they are NOT 'load rated', so you shouldn't advertise them as such. I'm sure that it's not deliberate on your part dude, but they are mis-advertised... :( Just trying to save you some grief in the long run chap - someone might buy them off you as described, then find out they aren't and want their money back, then you'll have hassle. ;)

The important thing to know is that if you put car tyres on a van, then use it as a van (i.e. load it up and use it fully laden) and you have an accident where the tyres could remotely be considered as a contributory factor, you are liable legally and your insurance won't pay out.

It's obviously your own choice what you run, what risks you take and what you want to achieve with your ride. But people should know the risks. :ILU:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah ok, got cha. ill see if i can edit my post then and change that. i hope that everybody interested has read this then.

Seems the local friendly garage are not so friendly after all. s*&t heads!

thanks Hedgehugger

Matt

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
Welcome. ;)

Sorry to blunt your advert a bit, but in the long run, you need to know this kinda shizzle... :ILU:

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
Your a very nice boy. A VERY VERY nice boy. ;)

Rasp:
I could be for you, sweetheart... :eek: :D

The dude needs to know what he's selling - I'd be peeved in either position as the buyer or seller to have to return/refund as a result of a mis-sale... better to know before it happens if you ask me... I: Rasp:

Tradinglordsuch :ILU:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi Matt this doesn't bother me anyway if the tyres are no good on my van I have my old ones here with loads of tread left and then I'll use the goodyears on something else. See you Sunday /Monday

1 - 17 of 17 Posts